Logging engine and trans at the same time?

Discuss General Motors (GMC, Chevy, Pontiac, Hummer, Cadillac, etc) tuning topics here. Request definitions, discuss parameters, etc.

Moderators: robertisaar, dex

ben73

Logging engine and trans at the same time?

Post by ben73 »

I am using a gen4 TBI PCM (16168625) and log the engine and transmission separately as they use different ALDL comms parameters.

I was wondering if it's possible to configure TP to do both at the same time?
Datamaster does this, I assume by alternating between the two.

I think it TP was capable, it would mean sending full request strings for each piece of data, but I'm far from an expert on how ALDL comms works.

Mark, are you able to clarify so I don't waste days trying something that may not be possible? :)

Many thanks.
ben73

Re: Logging engine and trans at the same time?

Post by ben73 »

I finally had a look at this yesterday and figured it out!
So I can now log all the engine info and also the trans temp, line pressure and current gear etc. at the same time!
I'm using $E6 but the same method would work on $0D etc. I don't know how many others are still playing with this stuff but I can post an explanation if anyone is interested
Tanger

Re: Logging engine and trans at the same time?

Post by Tanger »

Hello friend!
I'm still playing with these things... I'm using the $0D calibration and I've been needing the simultaneous information. The way I found was to modify the A217 ADX to get some information from the transmission, such as the gear. Do you have a better way?

Marcus
Sao Paulo, Brazil
Marcus
Camaro 67 SS350 TBI/4L60e
Camaro 85 Berlinetta 305/TBI/700R4
Corvette 87 350/700R4
Sonoma 1985 - 4.3 TBI/4L60e