KTM TPI Continental Synerject M3C

Discuss all other Motorcycle tuning topics here. Request definitions, discuss parameters, etc.
R Horn

KTM TPI Continental Synerject M3C

Post by R Horn »

Looking for XDF file help or files for Continental Synerject M3C ECU's I can learn from.

I purchased BitBox and Bitedit so I can Read and Write them with BitBox. The BitEdit definitions are a bit lacking at this time so switching to Tunerpro which I used prior for my Buell.

I have bins and looking for some help :)
R Horn

Re: KTM TPI Continental Synerject M3C

Post by R Horn »

Making some progress but surprised no feed back here.
ddaaxx

Post by ddaaxx »

Hello,

I'm very interested in the progress you are making with this. I just started with tunerpro and it looks great but steep learning curve.

Any help with it would be greatly appreciated.
boris7589

Post by boris7589 »

I am also trying to figure this ECU out. Bought a XDF from Oldskulltuning who hangs around here. The maps are identified correctly but the map offsets are not correct atleast not in the ignition map which makes me unsure about the rest.

I have also spent some time in Winols trying to identify further areas of intrest:

HEX: 0a000 12x8 16bit
HEX: 08410 20x18 16bit

It is repeating itself just like several maps do i guess due to map1+2 selection
OldSkullTuning

Post by OldSkullTuning »

Dear customer,
map offsets (start/end address of maps) are 100% correct, also for ignition maps.

About this address: HEX: 08410 20x18 16bit
it is already present inside our xdf, named "target lambda", see attachment.
It has been double tested with our customers.

If you have any question please feel free to contact us by email: oldskulltuning@gmail.com

Team OldSkullTuning
Attachments
target lambda.jpg
target lambda.jpg (167.83 KiB) Viewed 10211 times
boris7589

Post by boris7589 »

Thanks for a swift reply both here and in the email. I am a happy customer. The reason I don't believe the first ignition advance numbers is that almost all 2 strokes have a 5 deg ignition advance at 0%TPS/1000RPM and the map indicated 15deg at which point the engine would be almost impossible to start.
OldSkullTuning

Post by OldSkullTuning »

Thank you for your kind reply, we wrote you an email with more details.

Team OldSkullTuning
boris7589

Post by boris7589 »

After the latest adjustments to THE XDF the ignition maps fit excellently. I have attached a graph with the ignition curve for 100% tps.
Green+dark green= TPI map 1 and 2
Blue+yellow= Map 1 and 2 for the old carbed 300
RED= Map I have developed on the dyno for racing with the carbed 300.

So the new TPI have more ignition advance, most likely since the old bike had a very conservative ingition advance map since it lacked TPS so the map was a compromise to avoid part throttle detonation. The TPI still have a slightly conservative advance in the 2000-4000RPM area, more advance in this area gives faster throttle response but wont make much power. So the OEM curve is more traction oriented.

Another interesting find is that past 7000RPM the ignition wont continue to retard which is the usual for 2 stroke engines to make it stay on the pipe longer. This is most likely to make the engine go flat in the power curve to make the rider change gear. The decreased timing the red curve have in this area gives way more power. But you need quite some balls to lack power @7500RPM with a 300TPI....
OldSkullTuning

Post by OldSkullTuning »

We are happy to have helped you.

Have a nice day
And thank you for the feedback.

Team OldSkullTuning
R Horn

Post by R Horn »

OldSkull has had great customer service. Super responsive to emails and very accommodating on questions or change requests.
boris7589

Post by boris7589 »

For the moment i am trying to find if it is possible to do adjustments to cold start enrichment. Since me and a few friends use TPI bikes for snowbiking where the riding temp is -20C so even with radiator cover you have problems keeping up the coolant temperature so the EFI excessively richens the mixture.
Patrack

Post by Patrack »

Any progress? I have the same problem riding arctic cat svx 450 in canada which is basically a sherco 450, has a synerject m3c as well.
Same issue with map not adapted to cold weather conditions.
Martin199

Post by Martin199 »

Hello
I’m very interested what interface you are using for connecting KTM 300TPI ?
grimmechanic

Post by grimmechanic »

I have a 2020 TE150i. I'm waiting for my adapter cable to show up. I have a pass-through on the way from http://obd2allinone.com/. I also got the .bin and .xdf files from oldskull. As soon as I get everything together, I need to pull the stock tune off the bike and see if it's any different.

I'll be back here to get help from anyone that working on this same bike.
grimmechanic

Post by grimmechanic »

I believe this should be the correct cable:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07Z6 ... IDWD&psc=1

And, If I'm not mistaken, a ELM327 based pass through device from any reputable seller should work between the OBD2 adapter cable and computer.

If I'm wrong, someone please correct me.
grimmechanic

Post by grimmechanic »

Here's the Continental M3C module for the Bitbox application:

https://www.remaptools.com/product-cate ... -vehicles/

And a J2534 adapter:
http://www.dashlogic.com/dashbridge_cx

Should be all anyone needs to reflash the TPi Husky's and KTM's. Should work with some Ducati's too.
R Horn

Post by R Horn »

Have a real good handle now on the KTM variants and now looking into the M3C on the Sherco 300 SEF model
slipper

Post by slipper »

Looking for stock .bin for Husky TX300i or KTM XC 300? Doesn anybody have it?

Also would be great if XDFs came with some small description of what each table means/does. For instance, why are there like 7 rpm limiters? How does target air by throttle correlate with target lambda. What is target lambda to begin with? Another way to express target AFR? So things like that, not "how to tune manual" but just explanations of the actual maps.
R Horn

Post by R Horn »

KTM Husky Gasgas files are all the same just the time of release 557EU2125101 2125102 2125103 ect ect 557 556 are for 300s. 554 555 for 250 and 517 for the 150s
slipper

Post by slipper »

I am pretty sure that TX300i and TE300i are different maps/files. Same for GasGas EX vs EC series or KTM XC vs XC-W series.
jmmatth

Post by jmmatth »

Looking for hex address for engine hours if anyone is willing to share...
Also, any other maps that anyone is willing to share.
jase87

Post by jase87 »

One is the actual RPM limiter
The rest are for different faults that could happen that then limit rpm.

slipper wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 3:22 am Looking for stock .bin for Husky TX300i or KTM XC 300? Doesn anybody have it?

Also would be great if XDFs came with some small description of what each table means/does. For instance, why are there like 7 rpm limiters? How does target air by throttle correlate with target lambda. What is target lambda to begin with? Another way to express target AFR? So things like that, not "how to tune manual" but just explanations of the actual maps.