Audi RS2 bin definition

Discuss Bosch (Porsche, BMW, Volvo, etc) tuning topics here. Request definitions, discuss parameters, etc.

Moderators: robertisaar, dex

cid

Audi RS2 bin definition

Post by cid »

Hi guys,

I am currently working on the Audi RS2 bin definition. Below is a link to download the definition file and the bin file I have.

http://www.uploading.com/files/UKVPL5JR/RS2.xdf.html

http://www.uploading.com/files/Z56MZIBH ... c.bin.html

Now here are some points:

1. Just take into account the table definition. As flags and constants I lived from one of the definitions that came with tuner pro. I did that just to give me an idea what to look for.

2. These are what I found regarding location in decimal format:

- 58 : RPM
- 63 : LOAD
- 56 : ? I think has to do with ECT
- 55 : ? I think it might be the IAT
- 48 : ? not a clue
- 54 : ? not a clue
- 46 : ? not a clue
- 93 : ? not a clue
- 137 : ? not a clue
- 75 : ? I think it might be something related to the MAF, due to one of the curve shape

3. The motronic uses the following method for RPM:

58 - 4 - 25 - 25 - 25 - 156

That means 58 RPM location, 4 means there are 4 RPM points, to calculate the RPM does as follow: (256 - 156)*40 = 4000RPM so the last RPM value is 4000RPM.

After you calculate the other values by multiplying it by 40 and subtracting from the last value, so 25*40 = 1000RPM, so the table is 1000 - 2000 - 3000 - 4000 RPM

4. I dont know the constant for the LOAD value, I simply used the motronic editor from Atlantis which calculated the values for me but I cannot garantee it is correct.

5. The fuel value in Part throttle is calculated dividing the value by 128, so a value of 128 equals to 1, that means no fuel trim is made. If the value is 140 that means 140/128 = 1.09375 or 9.37% more fuel is added.

So this is fuel trim table, how the fuel is calculated I dont know at the moment. But it might just use some internal formula regarding the various inputs.

6. The ignition value I also used the ones from motronic editor, which I am almost certain is wrong, but I decided to left it. Until I find where are the constants for it.

So, if anyone can help me with the other definitions and the constants, I would appreciate. I dont know much about dissassembler, but if anyone can point me out one to dissassemble this file I would have a go.

I still have to find where are the constant values, I think I know where they are but I cant assure that while I dont have all the constants sort out.

Anyway I hope I can help someone else who might be trying to find the maps inside de Audi RS2. As you can see there a lot of them.

Regards.
Mangus
TunerPro Author

Post by Mangus »

The Porsche motronic units use a similar table axis calculation method. Very interesting, but unfortunately unsupported in TunerPro at the moment. I'll have to think of a good way to support that.
TunerPro Author
1989 Trans Am
dex
The Ford Guy

Post by dex »

Nice work :)

Which ecu does the RS2 have?
cid

Post by cid »

dex wrote:Nice work :)

Which ecu does the RS2 have?
Dex,

It uses a Motronic unit, with the 8A0.907.551 B or C serial number.
dex
The Ford Guy

Post by dex »

I found another referefence to it here http://tunerpro.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=158 (didn't remember this!)