4L80E going in a 95 Camaro

Discuss General Motors (GMC, Chevy, Pontiac, Hummer, Cadillac, etc) tuning topics here. Request definitions, discuss parameters, etc.

Moderators: robertisaar, dex

Tinbender59

4L80E going in a 95 Camaro

Post by Tinbender59 »

I have been told that our ECM's can be tuned to run a 4L80E, main issue is one of the solenoids is reverse operation. IE it needs to be off to enable the function?? not sure what?? Hence why I'm here. does anybody know what bit I need to Flip. I have an ALDL cable from -?? - River ?? cant remember the whole name right now. but SCAN9495 works well with it. Will TunersPro work with my cable?? I know that this has been done ALOT, 4L80E conversion, I just haven't found anyone explaining the ECU side of what they did?? This Camaro is my DD and is down because of trans #3, it is an LT1 Camaro after all, LOL needing survivability!!!
Tinbender59

Post by Tinbender59 »

OK?? since this is a level 9 national security risk, and very little people outside of Area 51 have the answer, or are willing to share it if they do have it.

HERE IT IS

To use a 4L80E transmission on an LT1 you need to set the shift solenoid switches as follows:

Shift Solenoid A - 1st Gear Enabled
Shift Solenoid A - 2nd Gear Disabled
Shift Solenoid A - 3rd Gear Disabled
Shift Solenoid A - 4th Gear Enabled

Shift Solenoid B - 1st Gear Disabled
Shift Solenoid B - 2nd Gear Disabled
Shift Solenoid B - 3rd Gear Enabled
Shift Solenoid B - 4th Gear Enabled

it is has officially been declassified --- by ME, your welcome friends.