Connect tunerproRT with moates g2 adaptor

Discuss General Motors (GMC, Chevy, Pontiac, Hummer, Cadillac, etc) tuning topics here. Request definitions, discuss parameters, etc.

Moderators: robertisaar, dex

Bp71k5

Connect tunerproRT with moates g2 adaptor

Post by Bp71k5 »

Hello,

I have a 7747 ecu (ASDU) with a moates G2 adaptor installed. Before I instaled the adaptor, the ecu ran ok with no check engine light. After installing the adaptor and putting the stock chip in the zif, I get a constant check engine light and I'm unable to connect tunerproRT with the ECM.

I'm fairly certain I'm all connected correctly, but one odd thing is that when I opened my ecm for the first time, there was a capacitor with a cut leg on it next to the prom. I soldered the leg back together before putting it back in the vehicle. It started ok on that first try but had a CEL on and idled pretty bad. So I cut the capacitor wire back the way it was and don't get any different result. In addition, I can't read the stock prom any more and get a "memory error" when trying to read it.

Big question: Did I fry my ecm and prom or is there some other likely thing to look at.

-Brian
Mangus
TunerPro Author

Post by Mangus »

Did you install the G2 yourself? Have you checked the solder joints at each leg to ensure conductivity, cleanliness, and that there are no bridges?
TunerPro Author
1989 Trans Am
Bp71k5

Post by Bp71k5 »

Mangus wrote:Did you install the G2 yourself? Have you checked the solder joints at each leg to ensure conductivity, cleanliness, and that there are no bridges?
I did. Turns out I broke one of the traces under the socket so I ran a jumper wire form that pin around the break and it been working great ever since. Should have replied back here earlier.