Ostrich 2 emulate MSA11 525TDS Problem

Discuss anything TunerPro related.

Moderators: Mangus, robertisaar, dex

rmtab

Ostrich 2 emulate MSA11 525TDS Problem

Post by rmtab »

Hi guys!

I'm rather new into remapping OEM systems.

I have worked a lot more with stand alone aftermarket ECU:s and doing a lot of mapping. Also have a rolling road Dyno in my workshop.

Now I got the eye of tuning OEM ECU:s when a friend asked me to help mapping his Motronic 4.4 with an Ostrich 2.0 emulator.

So I have tested the emulator on my Sierra Coswort, Marelli L8, worked directly without any problem! Used, downloaded ori bin and XDF from TunerPro web.

But I also have an BMW 525TDS -94 with several different ECU:s I've tested the emulator on with no success.

I have not got my Eprom burner yet, so I've tried with downloaded ORI bins, with the right software codes, in TunerPro RT.

I've found no XDF:s for these MSA-11, but I kind of set up one by myself, finding almost all the basic maps in Winols.

The thing is; When i try to start the engine with the uploaded bin in the emulator it wont start, wont even start up glow plugs and fuel pump as it always does when you switch on the ig key.

It also sets a fault code that the "data *something* don't match between the eproms"

Is this something about the checksum? Or does the XDF have to contain more info so the emulation gets right?

Does TunerPro require an ECU definition file in to get the emulation work?

I've tried some checksum settings I saw in different threads, but no luck.

Someone has a clue?

Tahnks /Chris
rmtab

Post by rmtab »

HI!

Got my Eprom reader/burner today.

Tested to emulate with the original bin from my own original eprom, with the same problem.

The fault code I got is: "computer interface between computer 1 and 2 unreasonable" translated from Swedish..

When I change the bank 0-8 settings i get different behavior from the ECU regarding glow and fuel pump relays.

starting to think if this has something to do with the "Base offset (hex)" parameter in the xdf header settings?

Anyone who has something to say?

Thanks /Chris
rmtab

Post by rmtab »

Maybe I should add that I am not doing this in my workshop business. I'm doing this in my private fashion. The Dyno I have is also my private. I'm not looking to make money on this, It's for private interest to remap my own cars.

Just to be clear.

Little confused that no one has nothing to say, and never had experienced such a problem with TunerPro emulating. :-)

Thanks /Chris
rmtab

Post by rmtab »

Ok, I believe that the problem is around the bin size and offset settings in the dxf header.

I've searched around a lot and read something about that the bin has to be offset to emulate? Is that right?

The file is an 32kb bin and the eprom is marked B57922, believe that is an 87C257.

So I assume that the files size should be 8000 in hex.

But the base offset? How do I calculate/determine that?

Would be very glad for an answer, if someone know something about this!

/Chris
bernhard

Post by bernhard »

the B57922 was specially designed for bosch
may be, there is a 'trap' included. unfortunately I haven't had a chip like this yet, so iI can't say more

have you tested with B57922 or normal 27c256?

btw: the range is normally 7fff, not 8000. :D
mexanico

Post by mexanico »

you need a latch eprom soket for 87c257

BR
Waltomatic

Post by Waltomatic »

mexanico wrote:you need a latch eprom soket for 87c257

BRasileiro?
mexanico

Post by mexanico »

Waltomatic wrote: