Compare Diffs Issue

Report bugs found in TunerPro. Please be sure to include as much info as possible, including system specs, OS, repro steps and TunerPro version number.

Moderators: Mangus, robertisaar, dex

JP86SS

Compare Diffs Issue

Post by JP86SS »

When I do a compare of a file with allot of code changes (or the differences are many) something just begins to lockup TP.
Sometimes it is immediate but sometimes it is after I change an item value after comparing. Bin doesn't get saved at that point either.
Restating and limiting to defined items helps but not always.
Don't know if you've seen this or not. could just be the memory size you have setup is being exceeded or something.
Running 98SE with latest version.
Still having lots of fun with it anyway :D
Mangus
TunerPro Author

Post by Mangus »

Hmm. Can you try it on a different computer? I wonder if your PC is running out of memory. If you have a regular repro, email me the two bins, your XDF, and repro steps.
TunerPro Author
1989 Trans Am
JP86SS

Post by JP86SS »

It doesn't "seem" to happen on my desktop running Win 2K Pro. Have tons of mem and space available on that machine.
I don't do much with the AP on the desktop but I've brought it in the house a few times to pull out the latest emu session to compare the changes.
Mostly the problems are on the 98SE laptop. PIII-800 w/128 mB (Might be running low on the virtual?)
Had seen it before when comparing bins but were usually limited to defined item changes.
Now that the code work is getting heavy the differences can be large from a std bin.
I'll clear out some more space, do a defrag and see if the problem reocurrs. If it does I'll send you a test bin to work with.
John