DA Data Errors with 1228253

Discuss anything TunerPro related.

Moderators: Mangus, robertisaar, dex

L78MARK

DA Data Errors with 1228253

Post by L78MARK »

Hi I am a first time poster looking for some help with a DA-Data Error Problem, I am kind of old school and new to this so I have been doing a lot of reading and research. I have a 90 Olds that I did an engine swap to so I have to have the ECM reprogrammed for the new engine. My problem is I am getting DA Data Errors and a bunch of garbage info along with the good when I try to do a data log. The ECM is a 1228253 and I am using a TunerPro-RT V5 with a Moates ALDU1 with a USB cable. Any help for this Old Guy is greatly appreciated. I attached a screen shot of my definition file.…. Thanks…
Mark

robertisaar
Author of Defs

Post by robertisaar »

that is a very "chatty" application.... step 1 is to go to Mode 1 ALDL Dump Request Reply and change Body Size to Payload Offset + Payload Size + 1.

that may fix some of the errors, but likely not all of them. after that, mode 8 commands will need to be inserted to get the ECM and BCM to quit sending messages to each other and taking up all of the time that could be used for requesting mode 1 packets.
L78MARK

Post by L78MARK »

Chatty Request... Sounds like my Ol Lady.. :lol:

Thanks Robert I will try that tomorrow and let you know how I make out.
Thank You....
Mark
L78MARK

Post by L78MARK »

The listen for silence command fixed this problem.
Thanks...
Mark
Badassbird88

Post by Badassbird88 »

This goes out to Mark or Robert. I am having a very similar issue with DA2 in a 92 Vette. I have been working on an XDF and ADX for awhile that I downloaded from Gearhead. I think the ADX I am working with was originally written by Robert. Anyway this vette,when used with the autoprom,will lose connection or corrupt the binary in the emulator when updating the emulator after a change. It defaults to limp mode and if I reload the bin to the emulator it works again until I update again with a change. Any ideas? Is this a similar problem?
robertisaar
Author of Defs

Post by robertisaar »

that is a situation i am not familiar with. some applications don't seem to be very co-operative when an emulator or the autoprom is installed, but i don't know why it happens.
L78MARK

Post by L78MARK »

The silence command fixed my Data Error problem but we are still getting corrupted Data when I am doing a log. I’m a 60 year old who is in the Classic Car Restoration Business so this is all completely new to me and I am learning as I go. If someone could explain to me how to add the (Mode-8 Command) in detail I think that will take care of the corrupted data issue as Robert mentioned earlier.
EagleMark

Post by EagleMark »

Badassbird88 wrote:This goes out to Mark or Robert. I am having a very similar issue with DA2 in a 92 Vette. I have been working on an XDF and ADX for awhile that I downloaded from Gearhead. I think the ADX I am working with was originally written by Robert. Anyway this vette,when used with the autoprom,will lose connection or corrupt the binary in the emulator when updating the emulator after a change. It defaults to limp mode and if I reload the bin to the emulator it works again until I update again with a change. Any ideas? Is this a similar problem?
Have you changed the Mask ID to AA to disable checksum while emulating?
1990 Chevy Suburban
1994 Buick RoadMaSSter Estate Wagon LT1.
1972 IH 1210 Isky Cammed Balenced 345 TBI

GearHead-EFI.com EFI Conversions and Chip Tuners!