"register name" definitions added to definition fi

Discuss Ford tuning topics here. Request definitions, discuss parameters, etc.

Moderators: robertisaar, dex

Cougar5.0

"register name" definitions added to definition fi

Post by Cougar5.0 »

I think it would be helpful to add the names of the different input and output registers as described in GUFB and used in CalEdit (as PID:) so that it is easier to cross-reference the functions when using TunerPro. Where would be the best place to add this information? I've added some to the title and it seems helpful to me i.e. Injector Timing - FN1315. I think this would be helpful to those of us who find the descriptions of some scalars somewhat lacking - but the register name makes it certain you are working with the right scalar/function/table.
dex
The Ford Guy

Post by dex »

Currently I'm working on adding names to the A9L xdf in lieu of the offset addresses that are mostly used at the moment. Most of these are presently strategy names but the idea is to replace them with 'plain engish' titles as most people don't have the strategy docs (and probably don't want to have to wade through them either :) ). Having the strategy names in the title/description is a good idea, I'll see how it comes along as I don't want to start confusing things.