hardwear not found

Discuss anything TunerPro related.

Moderators: Mangus, robertisaar, dex

boostedfalcon

hardwear not found

Post by boostedfalcon »

hi newbie here this is prob a stupid question i just installed tunerpro5 rt on windows 7 iv hooked the cable up and get connection can read codes ect, but wont start to emulate down the bottom says no hardware found.
im thinking i may have set somthing up wrong could some one plz step me through getting it started?? thanks
Six_Shooter

Post by Six_Shooter »

What hardware are you using and with what vehicle/ecm?
boostedfalcon

Post by boostedfalcon »

i have a aldl cable hooked up to a vs commodore,

using adx file-vsv6v1.01adx

xdf files- 6E
-apyp

im using the files on the the cd that come with the cable tryed both but there were few instructions plz excuse the amature questions.
thanks
Six_Shooter

Post by Six_Shooter »

The "Initialize hardware" button is for emulation hardware, not datalogging hardware.

I'm not too familiar with the VS Holden, but IIRC they require an emulator to be able to tune on the fly, or program EEPROMs between logging sessions.

If it is a later flash based PCM, then I don't believe Tuner Pro supports flashing through the ALDL, and wouldn't real time tuning anyway.

What some guys do is log using TP RT, make adjustments and save the bin, then use another program to upload to the PCMs that will work without needing to "unlock" the PCM.

You can find out more about your particular hardware, and what is needed for your specific vehicle on delcohacking.net, which is based in Australia.

FWIW, the 6E XDF is for a USDM ECM (1227165), along with that bin, APYP.
boostedfalcon

Post by boostedfalcon »

thanks mate i just got this to read and clear error codes i had know idea u had to work for nasa to work it, iv put a post on delcohacking forum for help.

iv looked at it a bit more there is also efilive v4 and flash tool on the cd iv installed them but cant get them to work.

looks like it might be time to get a pro in who knows what there acctuly doing to set it up for me, specific to my cars. thanks again for your time