Does EEC Analyzer work with Tunerpro RT

Discuss Ford tuning topics here. Request definitions, discuss parameters, etc.

Moderators: robertisaar, dex

spitfireflyr

Does EEC Analyzer work with Tunerpro RT

Post by spitfireflyr »

Does EEC Analyzer work with RT? I know that RT can export an .csv file and that EA reads .csv files, but it seems that the tables are reversed compared to RT.
SternLX

Post by SternLX »

It's not that the tables are reversed. The problem lies in EA. It's written to look for specific column names and has no provisions in it to Define which Column is what in a log file type. In the EA install directory you should have some sample Logs. One of those log types is a plain Excel Spread sheet XLS file. If you open that you will see Row 1 contains all the proper header names that EA looks for.

Currently TPRT v5 exports to CSV using the names for the headers based on the Data Value Title Name defined in your ADX. For example I use the ADX written by Craig Moates for the GUFB. Which I've modified slightly for my personal use. If you Open ADX Editor and navigate to the Values Catagory you will see all the Items that can be logged and exported. Each of those values has a 'Title' and a 'Unique ID'

The Unique ID(Payload Tag in BE/EA speak) would be closer to what we need to use as the Log Export header names. Unfortunately we can not at this time select if we want to use the Title or Unique ID as the Column name in the CSV.

A method around this limitation would be to Edit the Title of each Data type in your ADX to = the equivalent column name from that sample XLS I pointed out above.

I would convert an ADX to share here to do just that but since I don't actually own EA I can't test if it would work(only registered copies can load Log files). I don't plan on buying EA or BE either. Lets just say I don't think those pieces of software are anywhere near worth the amount of Money that Clint Garrity is charging.