some basic nissan related questions

Discuss Nissan tuning topics here. Request definitions, discuss parameters, etc.

Moderators: robertisaar, dex

tunermt

some basic nissan related questions

Post by tunermt »

I've been doing my research to learn as much as possible about tuning the Nissan ECU's but still have a few questions. I'm sure there have been write ups on these topics that i have not been able to find so PLEASE feel free to link me to anything that may help if it would take to long to type ;)

Emulation using http://www.moates.net/ostrich-20-the-ne ... p-169.html on 16 bit nissan ecus (sr, ka) I have 2 of these ostriches and know it is possible to emulate on the 16 bit ecu but have not been able to find anything that explains how to set this up correctly.

Thank you in advance! looking forward to getting to use the software! (FYI I will absolutely be registering the software as soon as i get to use it!)
dfddfd2

Post by dfddfd2 »

Under 'Tools', 'Preferences...', 'Data Acq./Emulation' tab, 'Emulation' group, 'Configure Plug-in Component' button, check 'Enable Dual Emulator (16bit)'.

Dave
tunermt

Post by tunermt »

Ah thank you much dave! Looking forward to getting back to my car in July so i can start playing with this, tunercode is also oh so very tempting ;).

in my research i've found a couple other interesting tid bits, if any one can verify this info that would be GRAND!

calculating new K value: (MAF is the same)
new k-value = (new injector size)/(old injector size) * (old k value)

Fuel Map values: (do these rules hold true for all Nissan Bins/xdfs?)
If the MAP VALUE is less than 128, then MULTIPLIER = (DATA + 128)/128
If the MAP VALUE is greater than 128, then MULTIPLIER = (DATA – 64)/128

Values above 192 are closed loop. 192= correction factor of 1 (non)
Values below 192 are open loop. 0= correction factor of 1 (non)

What is the multiplier/correction factor mutiplied against? I am assuming 14.7afr?

Hope this info can also help someone else, if others have better info or can correct anything that is wrong with what i've posted please do so.

Thanks for reading
dfddfd2

Post by dfddfd2 »

Even though you may be able to cause-and-effect tune with those assumptions, if you had TunerCode, you would know that none of that information is actually correct.

Dave
tunermt

Post by tunermt »

haha I'm sure we will be working together with tunercode soon enough ;) still want to learn more about correctly using tunerpro rt for the time being!