Downloading Bin and Definition

Discuss General Motors (GMC, Chevy, Pontiac, Hummer, Cadillac, etc) tuning topics here. Request definitions, discuss parameters, etc.

Moderators: robertisaar, dex

vetteboy86

Downloading Bin and Definition

Post by vetteboy86 »

Hello All,

I am trying to start fresh with my engine tune. I would like to download a stock unmodified bin. Along with that I will need the bin definition.

My computer crashed about a month ago, and I lost all previous work I had achieved. The problem I am seeing now, as I did back then is possibly incorrect tables.

I have an 86 corvette, so I would be using the 32 bin and definition. I spend some time over at thirdgen, and from what I see their I can use the arap bin and the 6E definition.

From the downloads section of this site, I found the arap bin, and 6E definition, however when I click on the definition it just opens a text file. I have copied that text, and pasted into notepad and tried to view using tunerpro but some of the tables seem wrong to me.

Is this the correct way to do it, or am I missing something??

Thanks,
Craig
honken

Post by honken »

You downloade it and open with tunerpro
vetteboy86

Post by vetteboy86 »

For whatever reason when I click the .bin file, it will download to my desktop or where ever. However when I click on the .xdf file, it will change the window to a screen where I see the actual code. At the top is says "do not hand edit, trust me" or something like that. I have been selecting all copying and then pasting to notepad.

I would think that when I click on the .xdf file it would want to dowload like the .bin file.

Any ideas?
Six_Shooter

Post by Six_Shooter »

Try right click, "save target as...".

You can also try the fileman archives on moates.net, as there are a lot of stock and modified files over there. The link is on the home page near the bottom of the menu.