Help! xdf file

Discuss anything tuning related.

Moderators: Mangus, robertisaar, dex

gath

Help! xdf file

Post by gath »

Hi, i have a bin and a xdf file I was sent in the email for my setup but am unable to load it in the tunerpro rt. I have a binary viewer in my computer, I can load and view the files there but not in the tunerpro, I have tried following all the steps that are shown but still in vain. What other program do I need or how should I convert the files in order to get them into the tunerpro. Any help is appreciated.
Six_Shooter

Post by Six_Shooter »

There's no conversion needed to load a bin and xdf file within Tuner Pro.

Maybe list the steps you are using to load the files and we might be able to pick up on what is causing the issue.
gath

Post by gath »

I have downloaded the bin n xdf files into a folder on the comp. I go to the select xdf file in the tunerpro and select the xdf from the folder but it doesn't load. No parameter option are selectable when I go to the parameter tree, what am I doing wrong? am even trying to follow this but still nothing. http://www.dynamicefi.com/Tune_Intro.php
Six_Shooter

Post by Six_Shooter »

I don't know, if you follow the instructions in the link it should work fine.

It's as simple as going to "load XDF", browsing to it, clicking on the XDF you want to load to high light it, then clicking open. It's the same for the Bin file and for the ADX.

You can, instead of clicking on the file you want to load to high light it, then clicking open, you can double click on the file you want to open, which will load the file.
gath

Post by gath »

Six_Shooter wrote:I don't know, if you follow the instructions in the link it should work fine.

It's as simple as going to "load XDF", browsing to it, clicking on the XDF you want to load to high light it, then clicking open. It's the same for the Bin file and for the ADX.

You can, instead of clicking on the file you want to load to high light it, then clicking open, you can double click on the file you want to open, which will load the file.
It keeps telling me that "attributes values must be enclosed in quotes". Maybe you can take a peek at the files and see if they are in the right format, I can email you the files or if possible you can load them into tunerpro for my retrieval, I don't know how else to go about this.
Six_Shooter

Post by Six_Shooter »

Have you tried loading the XDF and bins that are packaged with Tuner Pro as part of the program download?
gath

Post by gath »

Well, i guess I have a bigger problem because am unable to load even the file from tunerpro. This is sad, I think I'll go through the whole tutorial which 'ave done over n over, I still don't see where am going wrong.
Six_Shooter

Post by Six_Shooter »

Maybe try uninstalling and re-installing Tuner Pro to make sure there isn't a corruption in the install.
gath

Post by gath »

Hi, thnx, I reinstalled the program and now I can open the definitions from the tunerpro site but not the one I was sent. The one I was sent 32kb and the tunerpro file 16kb have the same properties - XDF File (.xdf), but when I try to opening it say the "attribute values must be enclosed in quotes", :( . . Any idea?.
gath

Post by gath »

'am back on this project and I think I might have made some progress on it. The xdf file that I had been sent is not being read by tunerpro (maybe it is corrupted), so I downloaded an xdf file for the same ecu on this site and used it to open the bin file sent to me with the unopenable xdf file just a for trial. Here's my question, can I use the xdf file I downloaded here with the bin sent to me to safely tune a motor?
Six_Shooter

Post by Six_Shooter »

Yes, as long as they are both for the same application.
gath

Post by gath »

Thnx, I'll update progress.
gath

Post by gath »

Made some progress but I have a question. How do I advance timing in bmw m20 engine with m50 management. I need to advance timing by about 20 degrees, which maps do I tweak and how do I go about it? am using a 403 ecu. Thanks.