Stuck At The Starting Gate

Discuss anything TunerPro related.

Moderators: Mangus, robertisaar, dex

ladytrae

Stuck At The Starting Gate

Post by ladytrae »

I need help! I got my GP1 Package, Burn1 and HDR1 adapter yesterday. I am trying to start off with some data logging and I seem to be missing something. I have the 7427 set up on my truck. I downloaded from fortunecity the $OD and loaded it into tunerpro and the program recognized the cables and connected to the ecm but when it ran It I had tons of packet error numbers. So It seems I did something wrong. I have been doing research and printing a lot so I can reread. I have so much info, but not the very basics to get me going. Anyone willing to help out on these first steps, it would be very appreciated! I even took out the stock chip and put it in the reader and tried to save it to start from there rather than one from the net and Im not saving it correctly I dont think cause I cant open it in tunerpeo. Kinda stuck!
'95 C2500 / 383 High Tin Block / Hydr Comp Cam 224:230 - 510:520 1.6 Roller Rockers / Pro Comp Aluminum Heads / 10:1 Compression / Holley 670 CFM TBI / MSD Ignition Coil Distributor Wires / 2200 Stall / Stage 2 4L60E Trans / Headers
honken

Post by honken »

Mayby the command string isint right.

command list : mode 1 aldl dump request
command string : F4,57,01,00
payload size : 63
payload offset : 4
HarpSeal1

Post by HarpSeal1 »

When data logging you need the correct ADS file, the $D0 file you are talking about is usually an XDF file, which Tuner pro uses as a "map" to figure out where things are at in the BIN file.

I had the same problem as you when datalogging, i would get tons of error packets. I fixed this by getting a different ADS file. If you try to use a bad or incompatible ADS file while data logging, it will come back as error packets.

Also check to make sure your data logging cable is plugged in good and tight into your ALDL port.

Now about your problem reading from a chip.
When you read from the chip (or write to it) make sure you tell the reading program how FAR to read... Er a better way to say it, the beginning reading point and the end reading point.. An example would be from 0000 - FFFF, the end point depends on how large your chip is...

A side note:
You must have the correct XDF file when your programmer reads the bin file off of the chip. It should still load the bin if you have the incorrect XDF, but if you open any of values you can change they will have blank initial values or something really messed up.