Trouble connecting ALDL and reviewing data log

Discuss anything TunerPro related.

Moderators: Mangus, robertisaar, dex

Goodgollyjosh

Trouble connecting ALDL and reviewing data log

Post by Goodgollyjosh »

Greetings all,

I am new to the forum and new to Tuner Pro. I have the RT version. I was having good luck using the software on my '91 GMC Syclone. Everything seemed to be working fine. I was uploading tunes via a cable to the Ostrich 2.0 that was connected to my ECM and I was able to data log with the ALDL cable and also able to review that information with the software. However, somewhere along the lines I was not able to see any of the PIDS on my screen when reviewing data. I could see the program playing the 30 second pass I made and I could play it again and again but no PID information available. I am also now having trouble connecting to the vehicle through the ALDL cable.

I have tried opening and closing the program as well as updating the software but I am already running the latest version and it didn't make any difference. I have also tested for the program's ability to detect my cable and it says cable is detected.

Just for your info, I am not computer savy but I am learning. I am an old school hotrodder but I have a desire to learn so please point me in the right direction. I don't mind reading if there are articles or posts that I should look at. Thank you in advance for any help you can provide.