Translating addresses?

Discuss anything TunerPro related.

Moderators: Mangus, robertisaar, dex

FreQRiDeR

Translating addresses?

Post by FreQRiDeR »

Hello! I found the addresses on the bin file for the fuel, ignition maps but I don't know how to translate them into something useful in the xdf parameters? For example, 7000 address on the bin is 0xF000 in the xdf parameter? 0xF040 is 7040 on the bin files address? If I type in the address as is on the bin file I get all zeros? What am I doing wrong? I'm at 003840 in the Graphical table finder, what do I enter in the xdfs address parameter to view this table? I realize I need the x and y addresses as well, I can see where the tables are, I just can't figure out how to translate the addresses into something the xdf can use? Is there a hex calculator I can use? All the ones Ive tried online don't seem to do the trick? Sooo close! Help please!!!
robertisaar
Author of Defs

Post by robertisaar »

what you're seeing is the effect of a 32KB BIN that is accessed in the top portion of a 64KB addressing space. just add/subtract $8000 to your location values(depending on what you're starting from) and that should get you where you need to be.
FreQRiDeR

Post by FreQRiDeR »

Thanks Robert,
The xdf I was using did ,in fact, have an 8000 offset. I removed it, switched all the addresses in the parameters from F*** to 7*** and now the addresses in the graph viewer match! I was beginning to think F = 7! Thanks for clarifying!
FreQRiDeR