Injector Flow Rate

Discuss anything TunerPro related.

Moderators: Mangus, robertisaar, dex

nrthrly

Injector Flow Rate

Post by nrthrly »

:roll: In TPRT, the 0D constant "Injector Flow Rate(per bank)" refering to left or right bank meaning 4 injectors or is perbank each injector?
94 Chevy Suburban
383 TPI Vortec
Tow/Show
Six_Shooter

Post by Six_Shooter »

I don't think it's specifying the left or right bank.

I think what that mans is what size is each injector, since there will be 2 of them.

In any other mask the injector constant refers to the size of a single injector.
nrthrly

Post by nrthrly »

Original set up was TBI, now TPI w/ 6395 ECM and 0D mask. Orig flow rate was 7.69, so now I'm thinking its the rate of 4 of the new 30# ers.???
94 Chevy Suburban
383 TPI Vortec
Tow/Show
Six_Shooter

Post by Six_Shooter »

nrthrly wrote:Original set up was TBI, now TPI w/ 6395 ECM and 0D mask. Orig flow rate was 7.69, so now I'm thinking its the rate of 4 of the new 30# ers.???
I would use the size of a single injector. Usually the PW will be inverse of the injector size. The larger the injector constant put in the constant the short the PW will be.

I don't have my '427 (IIRC that is the service number that uses $0D in my possesion) set-up for use on my test bench to verify the functionality of the constants.

If you are too rich (especially at idle) then try adding the flow rate of the 4 injectors.

have you had this running yet?

I had trouble running MPFI from a '7747 ECM and believe it was due to the P&H injector drivers. I'll have to look closer at the late TBI ECM to see how it will work, this may be the ECM that will help some swappers that I talk with. Which is why I picked one of these up to play with. ;)
Last edited by Six_Shooter on Wed Dec 17, 2008 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nrthrly

Post by nrthrly »

Thanks. I've had this running fairly decent with the modded chip that Howell did for me. But now that I'm starting to dive into it myself I'm double checking the basics. BLMs are pretty good throughout but I still have surging idle, rich smell issues.
94 Chevy Suburban
383 TPI Vortec
Tow/Show
daveinet

Post by daveinet »

I think it is the total rate per bank. The ECM has no idea how many injectors there are per bank, it is just thinking about total fuel per bank. That is the way mine is set up. Really to convert to TPI, they will often use the original chip, but then fudging the injector rate to shift the total fuel table into the right ball park. Then its just a matter of touching up the table. If you can, compare your BIN to one of the BINs online, and you will find the numbers are very similar, except for some minor compensation. I was just trying to make sense out of what I was reading in my chip last night. The constants were really weird, but the tables looked OK. Someone pointed out that I was using the wrong definition. (I was using $0D instead of $0E) Now things make sense, and I can see what was done and why.
Dave
http://www.geocities.com/revconprince/index.html
502 Edelbrock/Howell MPFI Thorleys and Magnaflows - in a 13Klbs motorhome!

"There are 10 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who don't"
honken

Post by honken »

daveinet wrote:I think it is the total rate per bank. The ECM has no idea how many injectors there are per bank, it is just thinking about total fuel per bank. That is the way mine is set up. Really to convert to TPI, they will often use the original chip, but then fudging the injector rate to shift the total fuel table into the right ball park. Then its just a matter of touching up the table. If you can, compare your BIN to one of the BINs online, and you will find the numbers are very similar, except for some minor compensation. I was just trying to make sense out of what I was reading in my chip last night. The constants were really weird, but the tables looked OK. Someone pointed out that I was using the wrong definition. (I was using $0D instead of $0E) Now things make sense, and I can see what was done and why.

:roll: Its right

Is the near idle table right.
nrthrly

Post by nrthrly »

:D Thanks all! Now I've found a mod that can be done to the MEMCAL in order for the ECM to fire batch mode. With constant tweaks there can be an accurate BPW w/out the rich idle problem.
http://www.fullsizechevy.com/forums/gen ... think.html
94 Chevy Suburban
383 TPI Vortec
Tow/Show