Comm macro selection

Submit feature suggestions for future versions of TunerPro here.

Moderators: Mangus, robertisaar, dex

JP86SS

Comm macro selection

Post by JP86SS »

I was just thinking that it would be nice to put a dropdown box on the Data Aquisition toolbar that would select the macro to run when the connect button is pushed.
Might be an easy way to implement command switching/selection.
Only listing macros shortens the listing and the user can create macros for single commands or multi step requirements.
Jp
Mangus
TunerPro Author

Post by Mangus »

The connect button triggers the connection, connected, and disconnection macros. So really, you'd need some kind of higher level container that specifies which SET of macros to use for vehicle communication. That's possible, but confuses definition creation even further. Let me know if you think of a reasonable way to present this to the definition author.
TunerPro Author
1989 Trans Am
yoda69

Post by yoda69 »

I've been wondering about this as well and how the "Data Acquistion Send Command" is going to work.
Would it be possible on the ADX Editor to have anothe input above the Connection, Monitor & Disconnect Command that could be called "Command Name" for example that has the information for the Connection, Monitor & Disconnect Commands linked to it.
These could then be called up from a "Send Command" dropdown list or as a click box on a dashboard.
Would Save having to Edit the ADX File each time you required to change the command you want to send.

Thanks,
yoda69
JP86SS

Thank You :)

Post by JP86SS »

Took me a minute to find it but am anxious to try it out.
Thanks again for your hard work on this most awesome application!
John