Tuningbeginner - please help

Discuss all other Motorcycle tuning topics here. Request definitions, discuss parameters, etc.
starmo

Tuningbeginner - please help

Post by starmo »

Hi

I have a quick question.

I want to tune my 2016 Aprilia RS4 125 and Ive extracted te bin and have the XDF file as well

I changed the revlimiter by adding +1000rpms but when I want to mod the warm ignition map, new RPMs are not there. How can I add them because its not there automatically.

Thank you!
pauldaytona

Re: Tuningbeginner - please help

Post by pauldaytona »

starmo wrote:Hi

I have a quick question.

I want to tune my 2016 Aprilia RS4 125 and Ive extracted te bin and have the XDF file as well

I changed the revlimiter by adding +1000rpms but when I want to mod the warm ignition map, new RPMs are not there. How can I add them because its not there automatically.

Thank you!
You mean that on the axes the revs don't go higher as you added that? They won't but the engine will rev higher, the ignition stays the same as the highest value
starmo

Post by starmo »

Paul thank you for your answer it seems that I have missed it

Yes I mean on the axes, when I increase the revlimiter, the revs on the axes dont autoadjust to the change

I made the rev limit increase but its no effect on the bike. Do I need to do a Throttle Position Sensor (TPS) reset maybe?

I dont think its TPS however becase the ECU cuts off at 10500rpm and I have increased it to 12000 (where 13000 is max)

THank you in advance
starmo

Post by starmo »

Basically I want to increase rev limiter a bit and maybe get out some more power.

I have turned off the Lambda 1+2 but I cannot increase (or add line) below default 11500 rpm

Also I dont have a clue then what to increase more i.e. the X axis and cant find any tutorial.

What do you think?
Attachments
RS4ORig.rar
Original bin file
(130.36 KiB) Downloaded 611 times
RS4_NoLambda_RevLimit1KPLUS.rar
Modified bin file
(130.38 KiB) Downloaded 595 times
MIUG3_Aprilia_RS4_125_CM227201_V1.00.rar
XDF file
(3.15 KiB) Downloaded 573 times
starmo

Post by starmo »

I only turned off the lambda and changed max rpm :) begginer as I am

If you make any changes, for my sake of education, can you please record screen so I can see what you can do and maybe upload on youtbe

I have seen one of your videos https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NrTlLpkGUDI that one but it seems to me that you drew those points randomly or?

Regarding reading/writing on ECU thats no problem only tunerpro issue making a bin is for now.
hooligan

Post by hooligan »

Hello. how did you pick that out?
I've tried it a few times on the diagnostic plug.
but do not get connected to read.
or did you take the cables directly at the ecu?
I would be grateful for help.
Greetings from Germany
starmo

Post by starmo »

Hi

Your cable (or diag port) is probably bad. I only use diag port and works well with guzziutils and appropriate ECU reader. Depends also on which ECU your bike has