Vovlo 560 Air mass meter map

Discuss all other manufacturer-specific tuning topics here. Request definitions, discuss parameters, etc.

Moderators: robertisaar, dex

thermans

Vovlo 560 Air mass meter map

Post by thermans »

Hello,
Does anyone have experience of the "Air mass meter map" in the Volvo 560 ecu XDF file. How does it work? I just think the map shape look strange?!
I have downloaded the XDF and Bin from tunerpro.
[/img]
revlimit

Post by revlimit »

you should never touch air mass meter maps,
Pacman

Post by Pacman »

revlimit wrote:you should never touch air mass meter maps,
That is a matter of opinion!

When I worked proffesionally as a Engine Engineer at a swedish supercar factory I always finetuned the MAF-conversion table on each engine to suit the injector fluctation that comes when you buy injectors in bulk. In an economics point of view that was wrong since you should set your production line as close as possible with baselines and not finetune each car, but that was how we did it then. That was a couple of years ago when we was happy to produce one car a month, I dont know how they do it now when the pace is a bit higher.

The MAF-conversion table is rather a translater that translates non-linear voltage from the MAF into linear massflow values, or in some cases directly into load values if the other constants for load is integrated in the conversion.
If you exchange the MAF to another one, the correct way to do things is to exchange the table aswell to the one that suits the new MAF.
However, the next best thing (if youre up for it) is to fiddle with the current table to fit the new MAF.

Need I say that as always one should be extremely careful when fiddling in ECU-maps and in my point of view I would never touch anything without proper analysing equipment as Wideband EGO, EGT and good knocksensing tools.