Trouble viewing MSS54 read

Discuss Bosch (Porsche, BMW, Volvo, etc) tuning topics here. Request definitions, discuss parameters, etc.

Moderators: robertisaar, dex

Speedyweber

Trouble viewing MSS54 read

Post by Speedyweber »

I read a DME from a 2002 E46 M3 (US) and upon opening the full file none of the tables populate properly. The DME file is 2101-J429, and I have the proper HW2101 XDF loaded. If I download any other 2101 bin found on the internet they all populate without issue. So, as an example if I view WOT timing both the RPM and load axis make no sense.

FWIW, this DME was purchased used and being used in a swap. Being inexperienced in the MSS54, am I able to take one of the working .bin files from the internet that match the 2101 and flash that to the DME as my start point?
PshlosGreece

Re: Trouble viewing MSS54 read

Post by PshlosGreece »

I have the exact same problem,but for another DME... If i try the bin and XDF from TunerPro site,it works as it should...If i try my bin and XDF from site,everything's fucked up... I also tried it with ECM Titanium,i got exact the same wrong values..What can we do wrong? is it programmer's fault? Could it read wrong values?
R3Z3NCL0WD3

Re: Trouble viewing MSS54 read

Post by R3Z3NCL0WD3 »

Please read the github repository for the MSS54.

It clearly states to load your partial file, not the full.

It's because we are not editing the "OS" of the car, just the tunable parameters....