VW EDC15P 1,9tdi-PD locked parameters?!

Discuss Bosch (Porsche, BMW, Volvo, etc) tuning topics here. Request definitions, discuss parameters, etc.

Moderators: robertisaar, dex

Pacman

VW EDC15P 1,9tdi-PD locked parameters?!

Post by Pacman »

I have sucessfully made two different XDF-files now, one for a PD115 and one for PD130, both Passat. They are similar but has the maps located totally different so Ive put in some 10-12 hours of work in them now, located axis info in the code and so on. Even found the algorithms for calculating Injector Durations in real numbers, Start of Injection and so on.

The first task was to eliminate EGR.
I have found two different EGR maps and one EGR DutyCycle map.
When I change value and save it doesnt change. The stock values are still there.
Then I tried any map. Nothing stays changed. Stock value Always come back.

What am I doing wrong?
Is there some write protection in the code?

I have successfully remapped my older BMW 535 with 650cc injectors and turbo so I have some experience in using the software, but this problem is new to me.
Last edited by Pacman on Sun Mar 27, 2016 10:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pacman

Post by Pacman »

I can add some more info.
The PD115 Engine is upgraded with the bigger PD130-160 injectors, cylinderhead is ported and intake manifold is a Volvo unit cut,welded and ported to maximum flow.
My first Bright idea was to steal the wife's cars software (PD130) and put in mine to better suite the injectors. Then tune it for higher boost and fiddle with Torque Limit map and Smoke Map to find Power. That backfired immediately when the immobilizer didnt accept the key any more after changing software. Back to stock!
Next idea was to start with the stock software and Exchange all maps to PD130 ones and then go from there.

That backfired too now when no maps wants to stay changed!
Pacman

Post by Pacman »

Problem solved! Got another tuningprogram to make it happen.
TunerPro was not up to the task. Too bad 12 hours of work down the drain! :evil:
t16_rally

Re: VW EDC15P 1,9tdi-PD locked parameters?!

Post by t16_rally »

what tuner prog did you use?