Upload Error

Report bugs found in TunerPro. Please be sure to include as much info as possible, including system specs, OS, repro steps and TunerPro version number.

Moderators: Mangus, robertisaar, dex

sshook

Upload Error

Post by sshook »

Just installed the latest version 4.14.0323. When I try up upload to my autoprom I get an error "FAILURE: Bin is larger than emulation RAM! Perhaps you meant to use bank 8?" I also get this if I try to download the bin from the autoprom. Any ideas what this might be? Everything worked fine until I upgraded.

Thanks,
Scott
sshook

Post by sshook »

Just downgraded TunerPro RT to v4.00 and I can now upload and verify. So the problem seems to be with the latest version of TunerPro RT. I am running Windows XP on an IBM ThinkPad with a Moates AutoProm. I have the latest firmware on the AutoProm.
Mangus
TunerPro Author

Post by Mangus »

If your bin is larger than 64KB, then you can't upload it the AutoProm.
TunerPro Author
1989 Trans Am
sshook

Post by sshook »

My bins are 64KB even the stock bin. I have a 94 Chevy truck with a 350. Using $0D with 16197427. This all worked OK untill I upgraded to the latest software.

Scott
Mangus
TunerPro Author

Post by Mangus »

sshook wrote:My bins are 64KB even the stock bin. I have a 94 Chevy truck with a 350. Using $0D with 16197427. This all worked OK untill I upgraded to the latest software.

Scott
Ok, I just uploaded a fix. Download and enjoy! Thanks for the report.
TunerPro Author
1989 Trans Am
sshook

Post by sshook »

That fixed it. Thanks for the support.
Jaysen

Post by Jaysen »

Im getting the same problem, however Im playing with 256k Australian EEC-IV bins. How do I get around this as mine is substantially bigger than 64k. Ive set the jumpers on my ostrich as per Craig Moates instructions, Im running the FTDI drivers and I re-installed TunerPro this morning to the latest version as I couldnt get the older version I had installed to verify the bin properly. Keen to get this going as Ive been tuning via hex and chips and Ive had enough, I just want a good GUI to tune with, and Im sure TP is the answer.

Thanks in advance.
Mangus
TunerPro Author

Post by Mangus »

Jaysen wrote:Im getting the same problem, however Im playing with 256k Australian EEC-IV bins. How do I get around this as mine is substantially bigger than 64k. Ive set the jumpers on my ostrich as per Craig Moates instructions, Im running the FTDI drivers and I re-installed TunerPro this morning to the latest version as I couldnt get the older version I had installed to verify the bin properly. Keen to get this going as Ive been tuning via hex and chips and Ive had enough, I just want a good GUI to tune with, and Im sure TP is the answer.

Thanks in advance.
The AutoProm's max size is 64KB. For an Ostrich or Ostrich 2, you need to use bank 8 (full 4Mbit), which is available from the emulation bank toolbar (view->toolbars->emulation bank).
TunerPro Author
1989 Trans Am
Jaysen

Post by Jaysen »

Your a bloody legend Mark, it now works!!!! Off to play for the afternoon.

Thanks heaps for the quick reply, Ive been sitting here killing time and trying for the last 12 odd hours to get it to work properly.

Cheers
Jaysen