No data while emulating

Report bugs found in TunerPro. Please be sure to include as much info as possible, including system specs, OS, repro steps and TunerPro version number.

Moderators: Mangus, robertisaar, dex

PBA

No data while emulating

Post by PBA »

I have been trying to figure this one out. As far as I can remember it was working 5-6 months ago and once I just recently got back on this project I decided to update my tunerpro before I got back busy. I have not been able to get this thing to work yet. So here is the run down. I'm trying to tune the engine using emulation, I can't get the acquisition data to display anything other than what seems maxed out parameters. I had it setup to read a stand alone wideband using the port on the APU1 which it gave me good data on the screen but nothing else read correctly. I've seen post about adding a pause in the commands but my acquisition edit window looks nothing like I have read about. I had a chip that I did program months ago that I reinstalled and then tried to read the data using the ALDL connector and everything reads fine. Connecting directly to the ECM with the ribbon cable everything connects, DA shows good with zero errors but I don't get any data. Vehicle is a 1991 chevy truck tbi, ECM 1227747.
Attachments
data view.jpg
data view.jpg (138.53 KiB) Viewed 7103 times
acquistion review.jpg
acquistion review.jpg (204.82 KiB) Viewed 7103 times
Last edited by PBA on Tue Oct 15, 2019 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PBA

Re: No data while emulating

Post by PBA »

I'm guessing the attachments are getting degraded while posting, sorry.
PBA

Re: No data while emulating

Post by PBA »

Found the fix over at another forum. While using the ribbon in emulation mode you must also use the ALDL cable for data acquisition.