Support for Innovate

Submit feature suggestions for future versions of TunerPro here.

Moderators: Mangus, robertisaar, dex

Turbosport

Support for Innovate

Post by Turbosport »

Magnus, just thought it may be a good idea to add support fo Innovate products, load of people using them and would really push Tunerpro forward in my opinion.

The good thing is they have an windows SDK information found here:
http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/support.php

Would be great to be able to view live the actual map position !

Just a thought and keep up the good work.
Six_Shooter

Post by Six_Shooter »

There has been previous discussion about this, and Mark knows about the SDK. ;)

I think he's starting to consider it. *crosses fingers in hope*. ;)
SiGmA

Post by SiGmA »

I'd love it if this became a feature. I wish I could help code it, but I cannot :(
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

why not feed the 0-5V output into the ecu and setup a scannerpro definition like we do lets you see A/F ratio in realtime or in logs and can be output as a histogram and overlayed over your ve table works great
Six_Shooter

Post by Six_Shooter »

delcowizzid wrote:why not feed the 0-5V output into the ecu and setup a scannerpro definition like we do lets you see A/F ratio in realtime or in logs and can be output as a histogram and overlayed over your ve table works great
That would be ideal, but not everyone is as versed in code and actual ECM hardware as people like you are. ;)

I could just barely get something like that going myself, since I kinda understand how it works. Not every code that people are using has been hacked enough to make the addition of extra A/D channels easy, or maybe even possible.

To be able to add the extra inputs into the datastream through a little bit of extra hardware would make it much easier for people to get the WBO2 and possibly many other signals, such as gear inputs, brake input, etc, that we can't normally get through the ECM. ;)

If the Innovate datastream is ever integrated to TP, I'll buy a DL-32 within that week, to add some of the extra inputs, that I've mentioned, and more. ;)
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

you dont even need to mess with code as you may have seen we used the injector voltage monitor wire the other day with just a changed adx for logging it as wideband instead of injector volts .theres quite a few inputs you can use on most ecus well the delco anyway.i do see the extra inputs of the LC1 may be handy though :D
Six_Shooter

Post by Six_Shooter »

delcowizzid wrote:you dont even need to mess with code as you may have seen we used the injector voltage monitor wire the other day with just a changed adx for logging it as wideband instead of injector volts .theres quite a few inputs you can use on most ecus well the delco anyway.i do see the extra inputs of the LC1 may be handy though :D
You're assuming that USDM Delco ECMs are the same as AustralianDM Delco ECMs in connectivity and functionality.

I haven't seen a USDM Delco ECM with an "injector voltage monitor" input, there are some that have "MAP2" input that is what is used most often, but then code changes are needed.

Changing the Fuel Pump Voltage input (closest thing to an injector input on USDM ECMS I can think of) to be used for a WBO2 input could cause other issues, if the code isn't changed to not look at that input.

No matter what, it seems that a code "hack/change/patch" is needed to get more inputs on the USDM ECMs, then some editing of the datastream definition, none of which are for the feint of heart, and most people don't want to or need to get that deep into code to tune thier cars.

It would be nice to have a simple interface that can be selected within the user interface (I.E. Tuner Pro RT), to enable a few extra inputs to stream in with the existing datastream. This is already available when an AutoProm (APU1) is used, just not with other hardware.

Like I said before, adding the Innovate support would open a whole lot more than just WBO2 input, it would open up many more channels, IIRC, the Innovate product supports up to 144 channels of datalogging, not sure if that applies to the Innovate software being suggested in this thread though. Just the ability to add an addition 10 channels would open up so much more ability to monitor custom items, like I suggested before, brake inputs, gear inputs, heck you could monitor the horn if you wanted, or go as far as monitoring individual cylinders, for exhaust temp, or intake temp, or whatever you feel would be needed. ;)

I'm not saying that there's anything wrong with modifying code and using inputs that are already there or possibly available, just that this would make adding more inputs easier for the common enthusiast. I know I'd utilize it. :)
robertisaar
Author of Defs

Post by robertisaar »

i've seen some interesting ways of doing this, most of them involving disabling the EGR and wiring in the WBO2 to that... then just modify the ADS/ADX to read WB voltage(and therefore AFR) instead of reading something like EGR Position.
ecuconnection

Post by ecuconnection »

Any update on support for the LC1 threw serial?
www.ecuconnections.com DIY tuning forum
zav3n

Post by zav3n »

PLZ ;-) would be very helpfull :D
Mangus
TunerPro Author

Post by Mangus »

Can someone save me some time and give me info about the Innovate serial datastream? If I recall correctly, it's streamed (not command/response based), and the header byte has the high bit set?

Or something like that?

In any case, with the latest build, someone can simply write a plug-in the feeds the stream to TunerPro.
TunerPro Author
1989 Trans Am
Six_Shooter

Post by Six_Shooter »

Mangus wrote:Can someone save me some time and give me info about the Innovate serial datastream? If I recall correctly, it's streamed (not command/response based), and the header byte has the high bit set?

Or something like that?

In any case, with the latest build, someone can simply write a plug-in the feeds the stream to TunerPro.
I saw something mentioned in the changes log, that looked like that maybe could happen.
ecuconnection

Post by ecuconnection »

anything updated for this yet?
www.ecuconnections.com DIY tuning forum
hnracing

Post by hnracing »

Trying to connect LM-1 via serial port using the serial protocol into TP v5.
And also trying to connect up to 2pcs LC-1 via serial port using the serial protocol 2 into TP v5.
I can not take the LC-1 via the ECU and I do not want to use the 0 -5V signal.

For v5
Can any of you more experience
take a look at the LM-1 serial protocol.
http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/reso ... otocol.php
http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/supp ... iallog.pdf
and tell me if it is doable to write an adx for it ?

Can the below info help us in any way ?
http://code.google.com/p/wideband/sourc ... ndSupport/

Think that both www.romraider.com and www.limitless.co.nz/Evoscan/
have manage to do plugin for LM-1 & LC-1 via serial port.
hnracing

Post by hnracing »

Here is a copy of the Innovate Serial Protocol 2 for the Innovate LC-1 and the MTS system. It says that this will also work for LM-1 (Serial Protocol 1).
http://empegbbs.com/ubbthreads.php/ubb/ ... llog-2.pdf
http://www.jobyteknik.homeip.net/pellet ... llog-2.pdf
Mangus
TunerPro Author

Post by Mangus »

This is why the plug-in interface exists. It enables you guys (the community) to implement this stuff yourself. =)
TunerPro Author
1989 Trans Am
Six_Shooter

Post by Six_Shooter »

Mangus wrote:This is why the plug-in interface exists. It enables you guys (the community) to implement this stuff yourself. =)
I haven't been able to figure out where I would "install" a plug in, or how to create one, that could be used by TP RT V5.

I see "configure plug-in" boxes on the preference pop up, under the datalogging/emulation tab, but just has pre-defined selections.

What am I missing?
Mangus
TunerPro Author

Post by Mangus »

TunerPro Author
1989 Trans Am
hnracing

Post by hnracing »

OK!
Maybe I am slow.
Culd you please explain how Plug-in is used with relation to an .adx ?
Could the TechEdge.adx be done as a plug-in instead ?
For example if I do not connect to the ECU for getting the sensor values.
Instead I use Innovate LC-1 and a auxbox and get up to 32 channels on the MTS daisy chain. Should I do a plugin or .adx or both ?

/Henrik
Six_Shooter

Post by Six_Shooter »

Different username and password than when V5 was in pre-public testing?

I just tried what I had from back then and it didn't seem to work.
bmwconnect

Post by bmwconnect »

Any progress with this plug in yet?

Regards|
zioweb

Post by zioweb »

this is a great feature... hope to see it soon! :)
Power On The Road Equipped

...I always do by myself...
hnracing

Post by hnracing »

Anyone with C++ programming skills that can look into this and write a plugin?
JustinHoMi

Post by JustinHoMi »

Bringing this back from the dead. Is anyone working on a plugin?

Does TunerPro still only support one COM port at a time?