ADS def editing.

Discuss anything TunerPro related.

Moderators: Mangus, robertisaar, dex

Six_Shooter

ADS def editing.

Post by Six_Shooter »

In an attempt to learn more, and see the values I can actually use, I am setting up new value tables for my $42 ADS def file.

I'm having a hard time with the TPS % setting, but will look at that later, when I get connected to the truck again.

What I have working or what seems to work pretty closly to what I think should be proper is MAP Kpa, since all table values are defined by Kpa, not MAP voltage. ;)

I used operation of Multiply, factor of .4 and offset of 0. I didn't do any math for the factor, since I'm still not sure how to calculate this, I just tried a few different values until I found one that looks right. I have a feeling that the value would be 0.3921569, since that's what Mark said to use for TPS percentage, that would have a range of 0 to 100%. This will work for 1 BAR MAP sensors, I'll have to figure out a value for 2 and 3 BAR MAP sensors. ;)

I've been using a datalog file to view and watch the new gauge as compared to the original volts based MAP gauge.

What have you guys added, changed, or played with?
Six_Shooter

Post by Six_Shooter »

Well the MAP conversion seems to be good, I'll have to compare it to a gauge at some point though.

I believe the TPS % while reading high at closed throttle might just be reading right. Well as correct as a Ford TPS on a GM ECM can, due to a constant that I found in the larger def file, more on that later.

I also tried using a different, larger (more defined) xdf, that had a constant for TPS % for closed throttle logging shows about 17% at closed throttle, I currently have the bin set at 20% for closed throttle), and seemd to make a HUGE differnce in the way the truck was able to idle, along with the stall saver constansts. The idle still wanders but soooo much better than what I was able to do before with less definition.