Dumb it down a bit?

For those of you brave enough to try the beta releases, please ask your questions and post your issues here! Remember, the more info the better!

Moderators: robertisaar, dex

Six_Shooter

Dumb it down a bit?

Post by Six_Shooter »

I just discovered this forum (Scanner Pro specifically I mean).

What exactly is this (Scanner Pro)?

Is this what people are using to datalog for Turner Pro (RT)?

Is this included on the disc that comes with the Ostrich 2.0? I've read that TP RT comes on the disc.

So far I like what I'm seeing about this, espeically the customizable dash board.

Is there going to be any problem using this with $59?
Six_Shooter

Post by Six_Shooter »

Ok, so I looked at the main site page, why I didn't see that link earlier I don't know, and am understanding what this is a bit more, but I have to ask this question:

What is the difference between this (ScannerPro) and the ALDL datalogging interface included in TunerPro RT? Why would I want to use one over the other? It looks like SP might be a bit more customizable, or will be.

Big question: Will this be able to work on a PDA? (Windows CE, perhaps) I ask this because I have a motorcycle that I will eventually convert to EFI, and to use a laptop would get a bit cumbersome, a PDA could be placed in my storage compartment under my seat keeping it protected, or mounted near my gauge cluster above my tank. I'm thinking this won't be an option due to the "using the RS-232 protocol". But would be nice for a future update or TP RT. ;)