Help with Checksum

Discuss anything TunerPro related.

Moderators: Mangus, robertisaar, dex

kirkm

Help with Checksum

Post by kirkm »

I am new to PCM programming and having problems changing a bin file using Tunerpro 4.14.033. The bin image is from a 1995 LT1 Corvette automatic (original stock) using a EE.xdf definition from the Moates site. Scanning through the values in Tunerpro I see values I would expect. If I save the file without making any changes (SaveAs) , it saves fine but the checksum is invalid using the tunercat checksum checker? The original bin checksum validates with no error. Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?

Kirk
Mangus
TunerPro Author

Post by Mangus »

Hi Kirk -

I believe the checkums are calculated incorrectly in the EE definitions on the Moates site. I've been looking to fix them. I'll try to do so this week.

In the meantime, you can disable the checksum by changing the mask ID byte (EE) to 0xAA.

-Mark
TunerPro Author
1989 Trans Am
kirkm

Post by kirkm »

Mark,

Thanks for the quick response.

One thing I did not mention is that I flashed my computer with the image not knowing the checksum was bad. I could no longer communicate to the computer after the flash and get a rapid flashing check check engine light. I assume the computer is toast until the flash chip replaced? Is this true? The good news is it is a spare computer and still have the original intact.

Kirk
Mangus
TunerPro Author

Post by Mangus »

That's a good question. Come to think of it, you might be right - if you can't get an ALDL link, it's not possible to flash the PCM over ALDL.
TunerPro Author
1989 Trans Am
Mangus
TunerPro Author

Post by Mangus »

OK, I've fixed the checksums on the moates.net definitions. They were off-by-one (end should have been FFFF and 1FFFF).
TunerPro Author
1989 Trans Am
kirkm

Post by kirkm »

That did the trick. Thanks!

Is there a stream definition available for $ee (1995 Corvette A4) available? I have downloaded and tried one for an 1994 F Car and get error after a second or two of monitoring. I think it is A223 and/or A275 looking at other tools. What is the relationship of the DS files in the ALDLstuff.zip to ADS files?

Thanks,

Kirk
Mangus
TunerPro Author

Post by Mangus »

TunerPro has some issues connecting to 94/95 LT1s, but ScannerPro does not. ScannerPro will be integrated into TunerPro v5.

www.scannerpro.net
TunerPro Author
1989 Trans Am