emulating 16k bin on a 64k romulator???

Discuss anything TunerPro related.

Moderators: Mangus, robertisaar, dex

hexibot43

emulating 16k bin on a 64k romulator???

Post by hexibot43 »

Ok, I'm finally get use to tunerproRT. I've started trying to emulate using my Pocket Romulator, and not met with success in the way I'd like. So far I've had to do a bin stack, and push the whole thing into the ram of the Romulator using the Romulator software. I'm trying to emulate a $32 bin for an 86' Vette. The chip that is used is a 27c512. I've got a 64k eprom, and a 16k bin. I just stacked four copies on top of one another. Now this works fine when I'm burning a chip but not when I want to truly emulate the chip. Can you set an offset to use while working on a 16k bin on a 64k emulation?
I was also looking and the note I saw said that the romulator could emulate up to a 32k eprom, but I've got when capable of doing 64k.

Thanks,

Marcello
honken

Post by honken »

Pocket romulator 1 = 32 k.
Pocket romulator 2 = 64 k.
Why stack it with emulator.
hexibot43

Post by hexibot43 »

Yes, I have the Romulator 2 - 64k. the notes with Tunerpro was stating you could emulate up to 32k using the Romulator. I'm hoping that was an old note, and Tunerpro works with the Romulator 2 and emulates a 64k eprom no problem.
When I put the bin image in the first 16k segment I got a check engine light, and no response to my image. I then stacked it, so I am really not sure which of the other three positions worked, but it wasn't the base address that worked. Now the xdf file for $32 is set up to work with a 16k bin file I thought about maybe changing that, but I'd rather not. I'm using a moates chip adapter. I just want to have a base offset while using the romulator? Can I do that somehow?

Thanks,

Marcello
honken

Post by honken »

When I put the bin image in the first 16k segment I got a check engine light, and no response to my image

Have you disable checksum in the preferences it my help.
hexibot43

Post by hexibot43 »

I don't think you are getting me. If I completely wipe it out of the first postion, and put it in the other three it works. So the Moates adapter doesn't use the first spot of the chip. I'm guessing it is the third, or the fourth postion. I'll figure out which one this coming week. No reason to remove the checksum. I'm not switching positions. I just wanted one position. Thanks for trying though....

Marcello
honken

Post by honken »