Techedge Wideband 02 support

Submit feature suggestions for future versions of TunerPro here.

Moderators: Mangus, robertisaar, dex

Turbosport

Techedge Wideband 02 support

Post by Turbosport »

Probably a nightmare to impliment but a lot of DIY tuners have the techedge unit, Justin over a TWEBLOG does a standalone logger, it would be great to be able to interface this with Tunerpro so you can see what load site your working on live.

Regards
Clint
starrd

Re: Techedge Wideband 02 support

Post by starrd »

Turbosport wrote:Probably a nightmare to impliment
Not.... I have one done for the version 2 Frame format - send me a pm to discuss. Works with TunerProRT ver5

Mark has posted here:
http://www.tunerpro.net/downloadBinDefs.htm

Enjoy!! If you have any questions let me know and I'll try and answer them.

Oops
- I found some issues and will correct them and then re-submit the ADX to be re-posted once I have this done.

-Don
galapogos01

Post by galapogos01 »

Sounds good Don! Any more info on this? Does it just support the Wideband packet? Can it report anything else from the log stream? Does TunerPro talk directly to the TE controller?

Sorry for the questions, but im excited about seeing these integrated.

Jason
starrd

Post by starrd »

galapogos01 wrote:Sounds good Don! Any more info on this? Does it just support the Wideband packet? Can it report anything else from the log stream? Does TunerPro talk directly to the TE controller?

Sorry for the questions, but im excited about seeing these integrated.

Jason
The only thing I haven't done is talk to the controller itself. It reads all the info provided in the version 2 frame format. Also, Mark Mansur was kind enough to make changes so that I was able to do the cold junction compensation as well. The latest version was posted today so have a look. Also, if you want to play with it, you can download the Tech Edge utillity and use the emulator to send data to TunerPro. This requires either a virtual null modem, or if you have 2 com ports, you can use a null modem cable. If you have any questions - just ask. There are 2 item lists, one with the raw data and the other with the conversions. For user input 1 I programmed it for a 2 bar sensor - you can easily modify it for whatever you want. I have included all the comments I could. Download it here
http://www.tunerpro.net/downloadBinDefs.htm
I also have one for the 2J1 unit which is slightly different that is being tested by someone in France right now. Once I hear back that it is working correctly, I'll have Mark post it as well.
galapogos01

Post by galapogos01 »

Great.

I have a 2J1 myself (I actually sell them along with kits to tune EEC based Fords). Send me a PM if you'd like me to do any testing. I'm located in Melbourne.

Jason
starrd

Post by starrd »

Video of the TechEdge ADX in action. This is connected to the TechEdge Emulator for demonstration purposes.
:lol:
http://members.shaw.ca/tunerpro/Videos/WBo2-file2.avi

A few more details here:

http://members.shaw.ca/tunerpro/Videos/WBo2.avi
Mangus
TunerPro Author

Post by Mangus »

Hmm, I wonder what's up with the packet errors you're seeing. Is this a result of the null connection? Or perhaps your VCP driver latency settings (probably the latter)?
TunerPro Author
1989 Trans Am
starrd

Post by starrd »

The latency was due to the video capture program I was using - doesn't do it normally. Old computer and not enough memory.
benryanau

Post by benryanau »

Hey Don, nice work on the adx for the TechEdge - I'm slowly getting the extras sorted like TPS%, GM MAP to InHg etc but you've done an excellent job on the core def, very professional!

Just a question, while it works all well for realtime logging, the TE WBo2's can log sessions to flash, controlled by the WBO2 display buttons.They'll hold quite a few sessions.

What is the chance of providing some kind of data download support for this?

There's a basic logging app called WinLog (was TewbLog) that TE promote as the defacto client app for their gear.. it's cheap, but it's not the best. It crashes out a lot for me, and loses all the extra logging sources I configure (User1 volts etc) halfway though a session.
In my view the only thing it has going for it is the app can download session logs from the WBO2 to CSV (well, it crashes usually for me but you get the idea).

So given there's nothing else really out there for it (TE don't provide anything) in terms of stored logs.. are you interested in getting some support going for it? That's if non-realtime logging is iwithin the purview of TunerPro though..

anyway cheers again for your work on the def!
starrd

Post by starrd »

I was only able to work within the confines of TunerPro. TunerPro has a logging feature with an export function that will export to CSV or TSV. Why isn't this good enough? Just means you have to have your laptop connected to your techedge unit.