How do you save a BIN from your PCM on to your laptop?

Discuss anything TunerPro related.

Moderators: Mangus, robertisaar, dex

forsale

How do you save a BIN from your PCM on to your laptop?

Post by forsale »

i would like to know how to load and save a bin from my PCM, and be abile to up load a modded bin
(keeping the stock bin if i want to switch back)
does anyone know how to on tunner pro i tryed useing LT1 edit program to save your bin, i did and tryed switching the file name to bin thos files dont work on tunner pro the tables are all out of wack, its for a 94 camaro, i would like to use tunner pro since i have the deff file and a few other bins that have been slighty modded but i dont know how to save my stock PCM bin or up load a bin to the PCM
96HawkCnvt

Re: How do you save a BIN from your PCM on to your laptop?

Post by 96HawkCnvt »

forsale wrote:i would like to know how to load and save a bin from my PCM, and be abile to up load a modded bin
(keeping the stock bin if i want to switch back)
does anyone know how to on tunner pro i tryed useing LT1 edit program to save your bin, i did and tryed switching the file name to bin thos files dont work on tunner pro the tables are all out of wack, its for a 94 camaro, i would like to use tunner pro since i have the deff file and a few other bins that have been slighty modded but i dont know how to save my stock PCM bin or up load a bin to the PCM

You need something like Winflash to read/re-flash your PCM. You can find it here: www.tunercat.com It is $20 for that utility, but you can try it first for free and make sure that it is working for you. Other than that, you just need the correct cable from Moates or AKM. Probably some others that would work too, but those are the 2 that I'm familiar with.

Since you have LT1-Edit, you can also grab the .lt1 file and then there is a utility out there that changes it to a .bin file. You can find it on this page: http://www.akmcables.com/vemaster.htm I have used it and it seems okay, but I cannot personally verify that everything translates correctly. Probably Winflash is your best bet. It works well and is inexpensive.

Todd
Todd Danielson
Track Time Motorsports, LLC
'96 Firehawk Convertible
'93 Z28
'94 Z28
'93 TPI Suburban
'04 Yukon
'06 Accord V6, 6spd Sedan
forsale

Post by forsale »

hey thanks man, i got it to work but now im having problems reading the bin,
i have the aldl cable in everytihngs pluged in, i click read, and then it starts reading its 50% or so and it stops the fans kick on and then off then the clicks then ding i get a erore saying it cant read the pcm, i hit ok then it say its reststarting the PCM and the fans kick on then off agine and thats it, the file i saved has 0kb witch means nothing made it on the file, iv been trying to read my bin, but im have a really hard time this is frustrating
forsale

Post by forsale »

well i try both lt1 and tunercats, none will pull the bin, it just does the same thing, the calce reads data and crap, but it cant make a conntion to the pcm to retrive the bin
forsale

Post by forsale »

i dont know what to do
rbrcka

Post by rbrcka »

hey thanks man, i got it to work but now im having problems reading the bin,
i have the aldl cable in everytihngs pluged in, i click read, and then it starts reading its 50% or so and it stops the fans kick on and then off then the clicks then ding i get a erore saying it cant read the pcm, i hit ok then it say its reststarting the PCM and the fans kick on then off agine and thats it, the file i saved has 0kb witch means nothing made it on the file, iv been trying to read my bin, but im have a really hard time this is frustrating

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Does anybody know what the problem was for this? I just got my car and am trying to get started logging and pcm tuning and I get the exact same symptoms with my '94 Z28, obd1 pcm. I've also noticed if I try to jumper the pins that should give me the SES codes my fan just runs which I'm guessing is related.
'94 Camaro Z28, 383 stroker 9:1, Hooker headers, no cat Y pipe, Borla catback, BBK 58mm TB, 42# injectors, ATI Procharger @ 7 psi.