Newbie Question - Correct cable for 1992 Corvette

Discuss General Motors (GMC, Chevy, Pontiac, Hummer, Cadillac, etc) tuning topics here. Request definitions, discuss parameters, etc.

Moderators: robertisaar, dex

ScottEwine

Newbie Question - Correct cable for 1992 Corvette

Post by ScottEwine »

Hello All,

Looking to do some diagnostics on my recently purchased 1992 Corvette. To start I would like to know what cable I should buy, I have seen some out there for about $60, want to make sure that is what I should expect to pay before I purchase it.

Scott
Mangus
TunerPro Author

Post by Mangus »

Pretty much any USB based OBDI GM ALDL cable should work. Moates.net makes the ALDU1 for this purpose. There are others out there as well.
TunerPro Author
1989 Trans Am
Mishawaka

Re: Newbie Question - Correct cable for 1992 Corvette

Post by Mishawaka »

ScottEwine wrote:Hello All,

Looking to do some diagnostics on my recently purchased 1992 Corvette. To start I would like to know what cable I should buy, I have seen some out there for about $60, want to make sure that is what I should expect to pay before I purchase it.

Scott
Mine is from OBD Diagnostics. After downloading the DA2.adx from Tunerpros website and having no luck. Someone sent me the $DA_92-93_Corvette.adx file and now it works with no problems. Something to with the CCM needing to be silenced. 92 here as well, six speed.
matthew

Post by matthew »

I would sure like to get a copy of that Tunerpro ADX file!

-Matthew