Data logging to send out info to chip person....

Discuss anything TunerPro related.

Moderators: Mangus, robertisaar, dex

k5nutt

Data logging to send out info to chip person....

Post by k5nutt »

Do i need the RT version for $30 to log data. Little confused as i have been up way to long. I'm currently stuck in canada and putting alot of miles on my old tbi converted blazer driving between drilling rigs so i want to log data so i can send it over to tbi chip dot com and have him burn a chip for the old girl. My cable is a 232 style cable from custom efis. However my newer laptop has no 232 port as it is all usb. So i snagged a belkin usb to serial and drivers from one of our kits to make it work and of course it won't work with my copy of winaldl. I don't care how much your program costs and i can send a paypal asap as long as i know it will work...because getting additional hard parts and parts is tough up here in canada. Feel free to email me if you would like as i need the help to get her taken care of. I thank you for your time and support.

www dot blazerchalet dot com....you'll see a pic or two of my tbi converted brick on wheels....currently fighting a msd 8366 dizzy issue which to be resolved includes some boine yard diving....a new pick-up and a new module....

DW
Mangus
TunerPro Author

Post by Mangus »

TunerPro RT is free. Try it and see if it works. If WinALDL doesn't work, TunerPro might not. In WinALDL, make sure you have it set to use 4800 baud, as this is necessary with most USB converters.
TunerPro Author
1989 Trans Am
k5nutt

Post by k5nutt »

Thanx for the reply. After the up all day pulling tools out of the hole and driving until dawns early light to get back to the hotel in calgary i'm a little loopy.....lol. I'll try the 4800 baud....should have caught that. With all the miles i am putting on this is a golden time to log all the data tbichip.com will need....and after two years of running this truck as is its high time to do something to get her dialed in before i just give it up and source a more user friendly engine management sytem....i've tried to sit and read till my eyes hurt at thirdgen on the process of burning a chip but it seems it would be easier chasing down a chicken in a barn yard....i used to work for frieghtliner for 10 years and i am used to downloading files to flash various engine manufactures ecm's but we never massaged the code....

DW