APU1 DA pass-through ok, no DA while emulating? 7727 $8D

Discuss anything TunerPro related.

Moderators: Mangus, robertisaar, dex

smitab

APU1 DA pass-through ok, no DA while emulating? 7727 $8D

Post by smitab »

Hi everyone!

New to TunerPro and quite experienced in tuning aftermarket ECUs and using HP Tuners.

- Got myself a Moates APU1 to help a client with a 1991 Corvette using a 1227727 ECM ($8D)
- Downloaded and registered TunerPro RT V5, got the definition files from www.tunerpro.net.
- Set up the APU1 to emulation (changed to 30 lb/hr injectors, cam) and engine runs great. :)
- No luck with the data acquisition while emulating in AutoProm mode. Just endless "DA : Connecting". :?
- Tried pass-through mode on the APU1, connects immediatly, and I get 10 Hz error free data. :roll:

To save time and tune in my hub dyno I really need the emulation and data acquisition running at the same time.

I've tried a number of ADX files, the definitions here at www.tunerpro.net but they all seem to have the same commands sent for connecting and retrieving data. Found some others with the same authors; Mark Mansur, JeepsandGuns, CaptainKawasaki - over on the gearhead-efi.com forum.
I tried removing the silencing commands and with/without pause, no difference in AutoProm mode. From what I can tell when in pass-through mode the CCM and ABS silence commands are dearly needed, I get errors and data I can't trust nor see properly without them.

Does the APU1 in emulation mode not support some of the commands?

Should I just get a separate ALDL cable and be done with it?

Love to hear a solution to this issue!
smitab

Re: APU1 DA pass-through ok, no DA while emulating? 7727 $8D

Post by smitab »

A separate TTL-232R USB cable (5V TTL) solved the issues. Now the tuning begins!