Data numbers bouncing

Discuss General Motors (GMC, Chevy, Pontiac, Hummer, Cadillac, etc) tuning topics here. Request definitions, discuss parameters, etc.

Moderators: robertisaar, dex

ir2131

Data numbers bouncing

Post by ir2131 »

I know this has been written before but none of the solutions worked. I am using the $1FA files on a 1995 Buick Century 3.1L. The data numbers are bouncing all over the place and are unusable.
Do I need to match up baud rates or lower the acquisition time of the stream? Maybe I am using the wrong .xdf and .ads files? I also show 3 errors at the bottom of the screen. Are these acquisition errors or are they computer error codes? Every item bounces from error (or ERROR) to OK so there is no telling what it means. Thank you in advance for your help.
xnke

Post by xnke »

There is no fix for this. I've been fighting it for a year now.

Basically it's a case of "it sucks to be you", as most people don't appear to have this problem, and the ones who do try all kinds of things but it never *really* goes away.

I've been through three laptops, hundreds of installations of tunerpro, four cars and four ALDL-to-USB cables, every single one of them would do this. The only time I got it to stop, is when I tried to produce the problem for Mangus here and then it would behave nicely. As soon as I considered it a solved problem, it came right back.
JP86SS

Post by JP86SS »

Have you tried these:
a.) verify the number of items in the datastream (could overwrite itself)
b.) add a delay after requesting the data so it does not repeat the request prior to receipt of all data items.
c.) check for electrical noise in the vehicle, bad engine to chassis ground maybe.
Usually I have found the two first items are the biggest problem if it has "never" worked correct.
HTH
xnke

Post by xnke »

Turns out it wasn't Tunerpro-it was the ADX. Again, some people have problems, others don't. I haven't *really* got a fix for it yet but getting into the BIN files and shutting off the ALDL scheduling table seems to have fixed a LOT of the problem-Data is generally OK, I get "data error" warnings now every few seconds, but instead of the data continuing to come in wrong it rights itself fairly quickly and continues on.