V5 no emulation tab

Discuss General Motors (GMC, Chevy, Pontiac, Hummer, Cadillac, etc) tuning topics here. Request definitions, discuss parameters, etc.

Moderators: robertisaar, dex

Cool Javelin

V5 no emulation tab

Post by Cool Javelin »

Hello, I am attempting to get TunerPr0 V5 to work with my ALDL USB cable.

I have a '88 Camero ECU, I believe it is OBD1 at 160 baud.

TunerPro does not seem to find the connection to my car.

I found a video on YouTube that says to go to preferences, then select the 6th tab called ...emulation. But I do not have that tab. My preferences screen only has 5 tabs.

My laptop does not have a serial port.

I purchased the WinALDL USB cable and the cable came with a disk to install a driver that can convert the USB connection to a COM port, and now I see COM3 on my laptop. When I unplug the cable, COM3 goes away as expected.

Anyway, I have also installed the WinALDL program (also found on the install disk) and it appears to get data from the car (numbers move when the ignition is on).

What am I missing?

Thanks for your help, Mark.
dex
The Ford Guy

Post by dex »

The emulation option is greyed out because that is for use with a ROM emulator (e.g. Moates Ostrich).

You need to use the 'Acquisition' drop down menu item to load the datalogging .adx definition file and the 'Acquire Data (Connect/Disconnect)' button (blue arrows pointing in different directions) to start and stop the datalogging.
Cool Javelin

Post by Cool Javelin »

dex:

Thanks for posting.

I do not see the " 'Acquisition' drop down menu item " Is it possible I have not completed the install properly?

I do not see any way to insert a pix here, so I will use 1000 words.

Across the top there is a line that includes the items "File XDF View Compare Tools Window Help"

Then a bunch of icons, scanning over them leads to no revelations about "admin" or other connections.

Then a "Parameter Tree" window with the only drop-down I can see that includes the items "Parameter Ordered List", "Parameter Type", and "Parameter Category"

Any other ideas?

Thanks, Mark.
dex
The Ford Guy

Post by dex »

It sounds like you installed TunerPro rather than TunerPro RT.