Complete newbie

Discuss General Motors (GMC, Chevy, Pontiac, Hummer, Cadillac, etc) tuning topics here. Request definitions, discuss parameters, etc.

Moderators: robertisaar, dex

94BlazerFS

Complete newbie

Post by 94BlazerFS »

Hi there,
I am new to this forum as well as tuning. Let me start by apologizing for being the newbie that asks the dumb questions and seems completely lost.
So I am looking to learn to tune my own vehicle. I have looked into pre-tuned chips and have learned that it makes for very underwhelming results for my truck. I plan to upgrade the engine quite a bit, and would love to learn to tune it how I would like it. I am going to get the TunerPro software, but that is all I have planned so far.

So basically, I am asking where to start. I have found many links to help try to understand the process. Frankly, its very overwhelming and confusing so far. But it is something that I really want to learn and dive completely in to.

What tools do I need and what are the best resources for someone new to this tuning like myself? I have tried to read into a ton of your threads, but I feel like I am not up to speed enough to fully comprehend what is being discussed. Please help in any way that you can.

My vehicle: 1994 Chevy Blazer Ful Size 350 5.7 TBI.

Thank you for any help you may be able to send my way!! :oops:
94BlazerFS

Post by 94BlazerFS »

orrrrr point me to a better forum/website for info?
erjbsa

Post by erjbsa »