413 red label -623 lambda and charcoal canister disable

Discuss Bosch (Porsche, BMW, Volvo, etc) tuning topics here. Request definitions, discuss parameters, etc.

Moderators: robertisaar, dex

olafu

413 red label -623 lambda and charcoal canister disable

Post by olafu »

Hi! I have propably found a some kind of version coding bit, or something like that. In address 0xD00B bit2 is "1" in default. When it is turned to "0", there are no closed loop active, and no control of evap valve. Also, there is no DTC:s stored from lambda or canister valve, if they are disconnected. If lambda is still connected, you can see a lambda sensor voltage with diagnostic tool, but it is not changing the integrator value. We have run some tests and everything seems to work correctly. But I don't exactly know what else it disables or does. Attention: I noticed that the EVAP valve is under constant current if the bit2 is set to "0". It could potentially cause problems if it is connected.
evilm3666

Post by evilm3666 »

The toggle for the closed loop correction was made public in 2012. But I was not aware it was changing the evap also. Have you changed the other bits to see what they may do. Also I have spent lots off time on the dyno and the street with no issues having the closed loop correction turned off. PM me your email and I will send you a xdf for the 413 and 506 so you can see what I have found and maybe you can make some more progress also.
olafu

Post by olafu »

I tried to change other bits, but i can't certainly say what they are. In some combination there was no ignition angle control. Advance was fixed -8 degrees. I never get this act like that again. Once i noticed there is one bit to force PT ignition map use on idle, but i don't know why and what else it does. I didn't write any other notes, because i planned to watch them later more specifically. And thanks, i will PM to you.