TunerPro/APU1 help

Discuss General Motors (GMC, Chevy, Pontiac, Hummer, Cadillac, etc) tuning topics here. Request definitions, discuss parameters, etc.

Moderators: robertisaar, dex

travis

TunerPro/APU1 help

Post by travis »

I am in need of a little help.

I have a TBI system from an 89 Caprice with ECM 8746 in my Wagoneer. Today my APU 1 came in from Moates. I have everything I need to burn a chip, but I wanted to do some datalogging before I went to changing things. I have tunerpro v. 5.0.

First thing is when I try to load the .ads file for the 8746 I get an error that says:

unrecognized encoding. parser does not suppport UTF-8 language encoding

Did I mess it up? Is the 61.ads file not the correct one?

Also, I went ahead and tried to get everything to work. Tunerpro seems to recognize my apu1 but when I try to connect it just says "connecting". It never progresses past that point.

Any help is really appreciated. I have read and studied on this most of the day and feel like I got almost nowhere.
Axman

Post by Axman »

Send an e-mail or call the Moates support line, they are very dilligent with support for their products. I had the same problem with my 93 vette. I am using the Moates Ostrich and the ALDL cable though.
dex
The Ford Guy

Post by dex »

Tunerpro V5 uses .adx definition files for the datastream. You need to select "Import Definition" rather than "Load Definition File" when trying to open a .ads definition file.