Help to check that I'm using the correct BMW 413/506 XDF

Discuss Bosch (Porsche, BMW, Volvo, etc) tuning topics here. Request definitions, discuss parameters, etc.

Moderators: robertisaar, dex

Jaker

Help to check that I'm using the correct BMW 413/506 XDF

Post by Jaker »

I have a bin that I purchased from a tuner that now requires some further tuning and I'm having a great deal of trouble reaching him and arranging a remote dyno tune. I'm not afraid of doing some tuning on my own having done it in the past with Hondas using Uberdata, Crome and Hondata. I'm running a red label 413 DME in my 93 325is.

I have a few different revisions of my tune that were done in the past (at great difficulty and trouble) and I've compared them using TunerPro with the 506 DME XDF. A lot of what I see makes sense, but some of it does not. For example the rev limits in 1st and 2nd gear are set to 7,800 and 3rd through 5th is 7,200. When I open the bin I see rev limits of 7,800 in positions 1, 2, 3, and 7,200 in 4, 5, 6. Another example is the Vanos advance/retard. I have 3 different bins with various Vanos set points, but when I open the bins, they all seem to show the same set point. I am not afraid to admit I am a complete newb here and may be reading this stuff incorrectly. The ignition timing maps appear to be correct, I have some different timing bins and based on what I requested, they show what I expect.

Is it possible that my tuner is using his own proprietary XDF? Can anyone look at my bins and offer any feedback on the previous question?

Thanks,

Jacques
aboutton

Post by aboutton »

send your bins if you still dont have answers
HyperBoost Tuning
Tony Ouneissy
Lebanon