possible scalar questions

Discuss anything TunerPro related.

Moderators: Mangus, robertisaar, dex

fasterthanyou

possible scalar questions

Post by fasterthanyou »

I can't find any info on scalars and I'm wondering if the scalar function is what I am looking for.....I have an RPM table that has 16 increments of RPM...this table is linked to my rows of fuel tables......
I have another table for my coil charge that has 32 values and it's rows are 200 increments of RPM...

Here is where the problem is....my stock file only goes up to 6400 RPM...I have changed my RPM scale to 7400RPM....so now my coil charge is still 200 RPM increments up to 6400RPM.....I need to rescale my by table (I don't want to enter 34 values manually)

I want to take the last value in my RPM scale (7400) place that at the top row of my coil charge table...and scale it down to 0..(well 7400/32 = 231.25RPM)

is that how to use the scalar function???? when I click on scalar normalizer No XDF's show up in the pop up box...I was hoping I could pick from my definitions and just click on my RPM scale......

can someone help??? I like linking tables not manually entering in values...thats why I bring this up!!

any suggestions?
Twin Turbo 300zx
Mangus
TunerPro Author

Post by Mangus »

from your other post it seems you've worked this out, correct?
TunerPro Author
1989 Trans Am
fasterthanyou

nope

Post by fasterthanyou »

no I worked out the internal, pure...the scalar normal stuff I can't get....does the funtion work the way that I described up top??

I have no XDF objects in the window that pops up...How do I fill that will xdf objects?? is that what I need to do?
Twin Turbo 300zx
Mangus
TunerPro Author

Post by Mangus »

The scalar link allows the axes of a table to be filled in by a function object. A function object is a table wtih X and Y completely independent. This is typically used in Ford applications.

If you point a table axis to a scalar/normalizer, the row and col labels of the table will be filled in with the respective X and Y values of the linked normalizer.

You will first need to define a Function (create a new function).

I'm not sure if this is what you need, as I don't do any Nissan work myself.
TunerPro Author
1989 Trans Am
fasterthanyou

thanks

Post by fasterthanyou »

Thanks for your input I'll work on creating a function....
on another note...
i'm going to be buying some toys from moates.net.....I want to by the autoprom but it doesn't look like I can use the diagnostics portion of it....If I could get the odb1 clip to read my nissan via it's diag port and your programs I would buy that instantly....I like how it comes with your sofware but I'm going to be registering that soon regardless....looks like i'm going to be going with the ostrich and the burn1...still a good set up...I think the ostrich emulates faster than the autoprom anyway...can't wait to get into the emulation portion of tunerpro.....Thanks!!!
Twin Turbo 300zx
Mangus
TunerPro Author

Post by Mangus »

Your Nissan is a 16-bit ECU, doesn't it? If so, the AutoProm might not be the best choice. I know that others use two 8-bit emulators for their Nissans, in which case two Ostriches would work. However, TunerPro does not currently support more than one emulator at a time.

Also, GM OBDI isn't compatible with Nissan. A future version of TunerPro will probably support the Consult interface. Look for that in the coming months.
TunerPro Author
1989 Trans Am
fasterthanyou

thanks

Post by fasterthanyou »

Thank you!!! your the man!! I can't wait to read error codes via TUNERPRO and my consult!!!!!

I'm not sure how I would use two emulators...One will work fine to my knowledge...I just wanted the autoprom because it looked like the best piece of equipment at moates.....I have to match top notch equipment with top notch TUNERPRO!!!!! YEY TUNERPRO!!!!!
Twin Turbo 300zx