Altering Purchased Tunes...?

Discuss Bosch (Porsche, BMW, Volvo, etc) tuning topics here. Request definitions, discuss parameters, etc.

Moderators: robertisaar, dex

mattytdi

Altering Purchased Tunes...?

Post by mattytdi »

Good day to all..! I'm a new user here.. not entirely new to tuning, my experience is with SDS stand-alone...

I currently drive a 2005 A4 1.8t, Quattro. I have flashed the car with a commercial tune, which did improve performance, however an irritating trait has developed. The car has greater power at partial throttle than WOT...

I have made many mechanical improvements to the car, each of which the benefits were noticable...Upgraded coils & plugs, Test-pipe, resonator and muffler removal, replaced by non-restrictive mufflers. Reduced plug gap, intake carbon clean-up...

I'm quite certain this reduction in power at WOT is software related.. maybe pulling timing, or something similar... I would like to have a look at the software, but am unsure of how to open the file with Tuner-pro.. anyone who may have suggestions, I'd be most grateful to her from you!
Thanks for reading,
Matt
aboutton

Post by aboutton »

You will need an XDF file for the ECU u have.
If No XDF ( Definition file ) is available dont bother cz all you see is HEX data only.
HyperBoost Tuning
Tony Ouneissy
Lebanon