How do I import select things from one bin to another?

Discuss General Motors (GMC, Chevy, Pontiac, Hummer, Cadillac, etc) tuning topics here. Request definitions, discuss parameters, etc.

Moderators: robertisaar, dex

GHOSTOWLGRID

How do I import select things from one bin to another?

Post by GHOSTOWLGRID »

I am using Tuner Pro RT.
I have a 1990 Pontiac Grand Prix factory bin, I managed to read it correctly.
Same with a 1990 Beretta INDY Bin.

I want to copy the engine spark/air/fuel settings to the Beretta Bin from the Grand Prix Bin, is there an easy way to do this with tuner pro?

Or do I have to open/close each bin/xdf and copy/paste the tables manually using excel?

also, How do I adjust the speedometer parameters? I have the grand prix transmission in the beretta and the beretta chip doesnt read correct speed, so I need to copy this from the TGP chip and make the beretta show correct speed.

I have no experience, trying to learn how to do this, Can't find any tutorials about anything online.
dex
The Ford Guy

Post by dex »

Regarding copying parameters from one tune to another, if they use the same xdf then you can use the compare feature to have both bins open at the same time.
GHOSTOWLGRID

Post by GHOSTOWLGRID »

How would I edit the speedometer in a GM OBD1 vehicle?

I have the transmission/engine from a 1990 pontiac grand prix installed in the 1990 chevy beretta.
I can't seem to find where it defines how to calculate vehicle speed, I need to take it from the grand prix code and put it in the beretta code, can't seem to find it.
robertisaar
Author of Defs

Post by robertisaar »

with that ECM/code, you'll have a road speed constant and an instrument panel pulse divisor.

the road speed constant is how to correct the speed the ECM is seeing, the pulse divisor is to correct the 4000 pulse/mile speed signal the ECM generates for the instrument cluster. be aware that you only have so many divisor settings available, you're likely not going to land on an exact value once you start playing with different tire sizes or VSS reluctor tooth counts. GM engineered each application to get within an acceptable amount of error that way, you may have to do the same.
GHOSTOWLGRID

Post by GHOSTOWLGRID »

I got that all figured out finally.
I decided to adjust the settings for boost, then recently learned that my bin file is made to work with a 1 bar map, not 2 or 3.

the car has a 2 bar map.

How would I change it to read a 2 bar map?