Looking for help/input. E34 540i, Miller WAR chip and MAFT

Discuss Bosch (Porsche, BMW, Volvo, etc) tuning topics here. Request definitions, discuss parameters, etc.

Moderators: robertisaar, dex

Mykk

Looking for help/input. E34 540i, Miller WAR chip and MAFT

Post by Mykk »

Hey folks, I'm currently putting together a little project on my E34 540i 6spd.

I have been running a flashable Miller W.A.R. chip in a 404 DME for quite a while now. It's fun to tweak with, I've got my AFR's 'Okay', but not perfect. (watching them with an Innovate MTX-L). I've also learned the M60B40 doesn't need much ignition timing to perform

For fun I want to build my own intake manifold, as usual I do things fairly weird and am not intending on running a MAF in my build.

I've installed a MAF Translator Pro, which has led me to the world of TunerPro RT. Using a Split Second TA2-100 tach adapter triggered off a coil I've given the MAFT pro it's 0-5vsquare wave RPM signal. I've also installed a 3bar MAP (despite that I won't be boosted) as I think that is what the MAFT Pro is set up for..

But now comes the interactive, possibly overwhelming task of coming up with a .bin. I know I've got a long road ahead of me to get things right because as of now the car will barely idle at a pig rich 9:1 AFR using a GM TPI simulated MAF output from the MAFT going to the DME. (Yes, I have O2 sensors turned off in the Miller W.A.R. Chip)

I will ultimately turn on AFR tracking for WOT and Part Throttle using the Innovate MTX-L's 0v-5v output into the MAFT. But I'd like to get things running smooth and reasonably close AFR wise before doing that.

I figure this is a long shot, but it's worth it for any fellow gearheads input. Do you have any idea where I can start with a .bin to get things rolling?

I am using the TPro500Vehicle0.xdf for layout.

Cheers! -Mykk
Mykk

Post by Mykk »

Also, I suppose I'd better make sure I've got my MAF theory worked out too... the Bosch 404 DME Motronic 3.3 with the hot-film MAF is 0v-5v variable and not frequency based...right?
mexanico

Post by mexanico »

Mykk wrote:Also, I suppose I'd better make sure I've got my MAF theory worked out too... the Bosch 404 DME Motronic 3.3 with the hot-film MAF is 0v-5v variable and not frequency based...right?
yes