DA3.xdf missing tables/constants?

Discuss anything TunerPro related.

Moderators: Mangus, robertisaar, dex

GregC

DA3.xdf missing tables/constants?

Post by GregC »

I'm helping a friend tune a 93 Z28 w/LT1 using TunerPro RT 4.13 with the DA3 binary definition file obtained from the Moates site. I am kind of new at the DIY tuning and have read a lot of information on the Thirdgen board trying to bring my knowledge level up to speed.

I notice that many people talk about items for the $8D (730 ECM) mask, such as AFR vs. RPM @WOT and O2 Sensor constants. I have looked in TunerPro and don't see these (and several other) tables/constants that are referenced in many of the forum discussions.

Is there additional information available that is not part of the default DA3 definition file? If so, where can I find the addresses to access the data for our application? I'm not sure if the info is the same as the 730 ECM that is used in the 90-92 F-bodies.
Mangus
TunerPro Author

Post by Mangus »

Each mask has different definable and editable items. DA3 is not 8D, therefore these items are different between the two.

With that said, there is likely a bunch of stuff missing from the DA3 XDF. I did not create it, nor do I own a DA3 vehicle, so I can't speak to it's completeness. The best thing to do is use the DA3 hack and add the missing items. The hack is here:

http://www.moates.net/files/5)%20Source%20Code%20and%20Hacks/DA3.zip

M
TunerPro Author
1989 Trans Am
GregC

Post by GregC »

Mark,

Thanks for the info. This is my first look at dissassembled engine control code, so I am a bit overwhelmed to say the least ! :shock: I work with PLC "ladder logic" and some VB at work, but this is quite a bit different. I'll look for some literature on the processor's instruction set to try to make some sense of it.

In reference to the 8D, I guess I am surprised that GM didn't follow a "pattern" for their data table addresses that was the same from one ECM to the next. Most of the industrial work that I have done for them required specific structures for consistency's sake.