413 silver label on m52b28 + maf + table question

Discuss Bosch (Porsche, BMW, Volvo, etc) tuning topics here. Request definitions, discuss parameters, etc.

Moderators: robertisaar, dex

meilleur102

413 silver label on m52b28 + maf + table question

Post by meilleur102 »

Hi guys!!im new to the tuning svene and i have a couple of question.
First ill swap m52b28 with obd1 so ill use the 413 silver label.

I have 4 questions.

1) Can i run the car with the bin of a stock 413 or the car will not start/run good?

2)eventually ill swap turbo.
I thibk the 540maf will be a better option for boosted engine.
I check the bin of a 540 and the 413, they are really different. The 540 its really a table with 2 axis. The 413 its only one.

3) last question i understand pretty well the fuel and timing( ill have to play with that a lot for my turbo swap)
But what i do with the maf??

I leave the stock specs??

4) and last one. The wot fuel table have only one axis( logic for me because you dont have a load axis, your Wot.
Why the ignition table have 2 axis??
I dont understand why a load axis.
Thanks
evilm3666

Post by evilm3666 »

1-Yes you can start with the 413 stock map
2- The 540 maf is not going to be big enough for a turbo set up, you will max it out. The 803 or HPX would be much better.
Make sure you download the correct xdf for bin with the 540 maf then just change the axis from 16x16 to 1x256. That is the correct scaling voltage over flow in kg/hr.

3-The maf needs to be changed to run a turbo setup, rescaled, larger injectors added and the injector constant changed and 30 some tables rescaled or it will never run right.

4- The wot tables are rpm and load. You need a load reference because you want to run different timing at wot. Like with a turbo you can be wot and be at 2psi of boost or 20psi. You don't want to run the same timing.

Load is calculated by injector constant, maf reading, battery offset voltage, any other modifiers and then your fuel correction tables. Then it comes up with a M.S. of injector flow. There is more to it then that but that is best I can explain it .

Do you more reading and you will figure it out. Check out bimmer fourms there is a hpx turbo tune being shared.
meilleur102

Post by meilleur102 »

Cool!
Thanks for the reply.
Im planning runing 7psi this years (in still stock on the bas end.
So for this number the 540 maf will not do the job?

If the 803 is a better option, ill go with this one

I guest the new maf come with a datasheet so i can corect my table?
evilm3666

Post by evilm3666 »

Check this out. It would be a better option than a 803. The HPX is a much more robust maf for a blow through set up. This tune is based off a 506 tune, which you can use in your 413 silver DME.

http://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/showt ... -maf-10psi