lapses/ drop outs in logging

Report bugs found in TunerPro. Please be sure to include as much info as possible, including system specs, OS, repro steps and TunerPro version number.

Moderators: Mangus, robertisaar, dex

lookforjoe

lapses/ drop outs in logging

Post by lookforjoe »

Not sure if that is the correct term - when I log sessions, I typically get lapses in the time. Typically 2 second lapses, sometime more. Makes it impossible to rely on logging for time/speed computations.

This is on a Toshiba Satellite 2010 with Windows 7. Baud rate is set to 125000 or close to it. Logging divisor is set to 1, for maximum data. It was previously set to 2, but that made no difference to this problem. I'm not usually a PC user, so I'm unsure what additional info would be relevant.

Examples:

Any suggestions on here as to what settings to check?
lookforjoe

Post by lookforjoe »

This is another aspect of the logging issue - I get a single frame that drops out completely:

Mangus
TunerPro Author

Post by Mangus »

This indicates that there were packet errors during the logging session. This isn't necessarily a TunerPro bug.
TunerPro Author
1989 Trans Am
lookforjoe

Post by lookforjoe »

Mangus wrote:This indicates that there were packet errors during the logging session. This isn't necessarily a TunerPro bug.
I see. Do you have any suggestions as to what to try? I don't run other apps while logging, in case that makes a difference. I'm using a VAG-COM cable with the chip set that was recommended for ODBII (ISO-9141 protocol) that my '98 uses, if that's relevant.
Mangus
TunerPro Author

Post by Mangus »

What vehicle, and where did the ADX come from? Lots of things might cause dropped packets, including an error in the ADX, noisy data on the OBD bus, intermittent connection, etc. I can't say for sure.
TunerPro Author
1989 Trans Am
lookforjoe

Post by lookforjoe »

Mangus wrote:What vehicle, and where did the ADX come from? Lots of things might cause dropped packets, including an error in the ADX, noisy data on the OBD bus, intermittent connection, etc. I can't say for sure.
Thanks for the response.

1998 Volvo V70. The ADX was developed by another Motronic 4.4 user, Aaron Sommer. I've asked on the Volvo forum to see if anyone else has the same issue with the same ADX.
lookforjoe

Post by lookforjoe »

I have resolved my issue by changing laptops :(

I no longer have the dropouts/lapses in TunerPro.

That's all good, but it's frustrating in that I have no clue why it doesn't work as it should on the Toshiba running W7. I'm now using a ThinkPad also running W7 for TunerPro logging.