Ducati 848 XDF and Immo

Discuss Ducati tuning topics here. Request definitions, discuss parameters, etc.
dwapstra

Ducati 848 XDF and Immo

Post by dwapstra »

Last month I bought a 848 engine with ECU withouth dash . Now i want to try to run the engine on my bench. I was missing the dash so i bought a 1098 dash but without the code card. If i want to start the bike i get the immo 37.0 error.
I have pulled (ecureader) a Bin file from the Ducati 848 2009 ECU, opened it in TunerPro with a downloaded XDF. I can modify the welcome text and load it in my ECU (ecuwriter).

Now I want to turn off the immobilizer and lambda, (start the engine without transponder). Can anyone assist me with locating the adress of the immobilizer?

The part I dont understand, how is the XDF created? I have been looking at the Bin code in a HExeditor but its just... hexcode. is there some kind of source code or converter for the BIN file? The guys creating the XDF should have a special procedure to find the correct adresses in the raw Bin data..
dwapstra

Post by dwapstra »

Yesterday i loaded a new bin file from a sc1000 with the immo and lamba disabled. immo was at 0xh4d144, lamba at 0xh4d145 and oxh4d146. after loading i still had a immo 37.0 error. (If i flagged the immo at oxh4d144 i got error 37.0 and 37.4). if i press the starter button it will not activate start relay.

My goal is to run the engine with a normal switch/key ( no transponder).