reading 2732a chip

Discuss General Motors (GMC, Chevy, Pontiac, Hummer, Cadillac, etc) tuning topics here. Request definitions, discuss parameters, etc.

Moderators: robertisaar, dex

bmrtech

reading 2732a chip

Post by bmrtech »

I want to read my 2732a chip so I have a starting point to load into tunerpro when I try to read it with autoprom it say that memory range and or address outside selected eprom size. how can I fix that. or alternatively I need a bin file that is close to what I have 1989 chevy truck 400sb moderate cam AFR cyl heads, and edelbrock multipoint injection the 2732a chip that I have was created for me with the multipoint system but I had a 383 back then.
I would appriceate any help.
Tim.
Six_Shooter

Post by Six_Shooter »

It sounds like the chip offsets are incorrect, as in one of the addressed, likely the higher/end address is beyond what the 2732 chip could actually contain.
bmrtech

Post by bmrtech »

I see the options for changing the addresses, I just don't know what they mean or what to Change them to
cliffharris

Post by cliffharris »

A 2732A EPROM has a size of 32K. That is 32768 to be exact, which is equivalent to $8000 in hexadecimal.

Read the chip from $0000 to $7FFFF. Hexadecimal addresses do use address zero, so you have to subtract one from the uppermost address.

After you do the above the last two bytes will contain the starting address (or offset address), which tells you where the program starts. If you see $C800, then the program starts at $C800, for example. You need to put that offset in so the tables and stuff will be in the right places.